CGI's Lafayette, LA based On Shore IT Services Delivery center has a request for a Cloudera/Hadoop Administrator to join our Cigna Healthcare project.
Your duties will be:
* Analyzes, designs, creates and implements Big Data infrastructures, including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
* Designs data models, logical and physical infrastructure designs, etc.
* Assists in system planning, scheduling, and implementation
* Initiates corrective actions to stay on schedule
* Installs, upgrades, and tests complex big data deployments.
* Develops and implements recovery plans and procedures.
* Disciplines: Hadoop design and analysis. Your future duties and responsibilities
* Solid administrative knowledge of Apache Hadoop a must (Cloudera distribution a plus)
* BI Tool integrations with Hadoop
* DBA experience HBASE
* Experience with database replication and scaling
* Design, install, and maintain highly available systems (including monitoring, security, backup, and performance tuning)
* Linux (RHEL) proficiency a must
* Scripting experience
* Automation experience (chef/puppet)
* Must possess good analytics and problem solving skills
* Must be willing to work flexible hours Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, with at least five years of overall experience and a minimum of three years of experience as a Hadoop engineer, or the equivalent in education and work experience. Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
* Analytical Thinking
* Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
* Big Data