CGI's Lafayette, LA based On Shore IT Services Delivery center has a request for a Cloudera/Hadoop Administrator to join our Cigna Healthcare project.
Your duties will be:
• Analyzes, designs, creates and implements Big Data infrastructures, including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
• Designs data models, logical and physical infrastructure designs, etc.
• Assists in system planning, scheduling, and implementation
• Initiates corrective actions to stay on schedule
• Installs, upgrades, and tests complex big data deployments.
• Develops and implements recovery plans and procedures.
• Disciplines: Hadoop design and analysis.
• Solid administrative knowledge of Apache Hadoop a must (Cloudera distribution a plus)
• BI Tool integrations with Hadoop
• DBA experience HBASE
• Experience with database replication and scaling
• Design, install, and maintain highly available systems (including monitoring, security, backup, and performance tuning)
• Linux (RHEL) proficiency a must
• Scripting experience
• Automation experience (chef/puppet)
• Must possess good analytics and problem solving skills
• Must be willing to work flexible hours
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, with at least five years of overall experience and a minimum of three years of experience as a Hadoop engineer, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
We understand that success in the IT services business is contingent on retaining and attracting the best talent - talent like you. At CGI, our team of professionals is dedicated and driven to help our clients succeed.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -