Please note this is a 1 year contract position.
Job Description: The Cloudera Systems Administrator is responsible for the life cycle administration for the data lake. Tasks may include node management, monitoring and response, support processes creation, upgrades and patches, system account management, logging configuration and managing user rights and space quota.
- Monitor the overall performance of the Cloudera data lake
- Performance tuning of Cloudera clusters and MapReduce routines.
- Cloudera Cluster maintenance including the addition and removal of nodes
- Monitor and address user productivity and cluster performance.
- Optimize clusters for future workloads.
- Ongoing troubleshooting, diagnosing, tuning, HDFS management, Cloudera Director and solving Hadoop issues
- Create BASH/Python scripts to assist with trouble shooting, administration and software deployments
- Track and protect access to sensitive data including a focus on being prepared for an audit, tracking who is accessing what data and what are they doing with it
- Monitor Central IT Cloudera connectivity and security as prescribed by the Security Admin and the Solutions Architect
- Communicates with Cloudera vendor on technical issues
- Works tightly with DevOps / Data Integration Admin on cluster related deployments
- Manages YARN, MapReduce, Spark, and HDFS
- Utilizes Cloudera Manager to assist in cluster management including aggregated logging, configuration management, resource management, reports, alerts, and service management.
- Collaborate with National IT infrastructure team on hardware replacements, upgrades and maintenance of the DSF.
- Refines cluster configuration changes and deployment to integrate with the DSF
- Configures the FairScheduler to provide service-level agreements for multiple users of a cluster
- Documents DSF best practices for preparing and maintaining Cloudera Cluster in production
Qualifications: Able to obtain Public Trust / Secret Clearance
Education and Experience
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
•May have Master’s degree in related field.
•Often holds intermediate-level certification(s) in work field.
•Typically 5+ years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills
Typical skills include:
•(Expert) in one or more technology sub-areas.
•(strong) understanding of related technologies.
•Technology area (expert).
•Related/affected technology areas.
Please reference job number 1382.
San Francisco, CAContact