Role: Cobol Developer
Location: Atlanta, GA (Onsite)
Duration: long Term Contract
The manager has gone to a 3-2-1 plan for in-person training and days in the office.
1st week there will be 3 days in the office for training.
2nd week there will be 2 days in the office for training.
Finally, 1 day in the office per week requirement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- VSAM to DB2 Conversions.
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects with COBOL/CICS expertise involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts
- Work with other leads/architects to define best practices and coding standards. Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements
- Write technical documentation including program specifications, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Guide and mentor less experienced programmers/developers on technical work/issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical discipline.
- 7+ years’ experience in coding mainframe applications using COBOL,CICS, DB2, VSAM
5+ years Easytrieve/JCL
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Experience will Dell Transaction Processing Environment/Batch Processing Environment is a plus
- Motivated self-starter – works well independently, but ability to also work well in a team environment
- Demonstrates professional behaviour under pressure
- Ability to resolve complex and diverse issues by identifying underlying or hidden problems and patterns
- Clear understanding of end-to-end application delivery in a multi-platform environment (mainframe, client server, web).
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the full Systems Development Life Cycle and Testing Methodologies.
- Comfortable in interacting with staff and management, including Executive levels.
- Must be meticulous in creating high quality, high value deliverables
- Ability to write technical design documentation in clear and understandable fashion
- Possess well developed communication skills – oral, written, listening. Good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and stay well organized
- Must have strong collaboration skills