Title: Cognos TM1 (Planning Analytics) Developer
Location: Austin, TX
We re currently looking for a Cognos TM1 (Planning Analytics) Developer to be responsible for new functionality and enhancements within TM1, including data gathering and interfacing with internal customers, creating design documents, building to technical specifications and creating technical test scenarios.
I m also looking for my car keys and my toddlers left shoe. Have you seen either of those? No? Ok, I ll keep looking, you read on about these positions.
The position requires technical expertise within TM1 and is responsible for the execution of special projects, operational analysis, and related reporting. Understand business processes and data governance concepts associated with master data, document business requirements and processes to ensure data is reliable and ready for use. Coordinate with IT and Mapping team to ensure technical capacity is being utilized most effectively and drive effective governance to ensure actionable data quality activities.
Ok. I found the car keys, but not the shoe. We did find a half-eaten banana though so that s fun. You know what else you might find to be fun? This job!
- Develop reports using the Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics platform.
- Develop Data Models in the reporting environment per customer requirements Cognos Framework Model.
- Develop technical design specifications and analyze data to create data structures.
- Develop TM1/Planning Analytics Turbo Integrator processes and rules for both new and existing functionality.
- Work with product management to further develop tools within TM1/Planning Analytics.
- Support of TM1/Planning Analytics on full life cycle projects.
- Oversee and validate integration of source data into the target environment.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate key decisions regarding data standards.
- Interface with key business and project team members to facilitate seamless execution of requirements.
- Analyze and resolve cross-functional data issues.
- Analyze data to create data structures.
- Develop reports in a consistent best practices format.
- Coordinate new reporting requests/changes to ensure accuracy and consistency of reports.
- Monitor and troubleshoot escalated support tickets.
What you ve got:
- 5+ years of experience in data intensive environment.
- 2-4 years of experience working within Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, SAP) at least one required.
- Proficient experience with formatting and design pertaining to data and research and development of data and data sets.
- Experience in development with TM1 and PAX 2.0.
- Hands on experience in developing TI processes and complex Rules is a must.
- Experience in providing support to PAX.
- Prior reporting application support experience.
- Track record of successfully architecting small-, medium- and enterprise-scale solutions.
- Preferred three or more years of business requirements experience.
- Preferred three or more years of hands-on experience developing and supporting a BI/reporting application like Cognos, Hyperion, Business Objects, Actuate, or ProClarity (a training plan will be crafted based on candidate credentials).
- Preferred experience working with dimensional modeling, including facts and dimensions, star and snowflake schema and OLAP tools and techniques.
- Change management, process documentation, and testing tools.
Just a follow up for anyone interested. I finally found the left shoe. It was in the car. I hope that brings you some closure.
Hope to talk to you soon!