Title: IT - Cognos Administrator – Senior
Duration: 12+ Months
Location: Farmington Hills,MI
The Cognos Administrator works with the Business Intelligence Competency Center [BICC] and is responsible for developing and implementing Cognos strategy and administration. This role will be in the Data Warehouse and the Business Intelligence area. The Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team supports the operational and management reporting, analytics, and the BI infrastructure. The Cognos Administrator is the point person for the Cognos environment. The administrator defines and architects the best practices of the Cognos infrastructure, coordinate operational design, develop support plans and provide support for applications. Job Responsibilities: • System administration of the Cognos tool and the environment • Support in developing, maintaining and supporting a business intelligence strategy • Create detailed project plan and manage project implementation • Set report and cube development guidelines to standardize development process. • Support the development and training of all Cognos users. • Administer the publishing of all approved Cognos reports and Cubes.
- Provide technical support to Cognos power users.
- Help troubleshoot Cognos infrastructure related problems.
- Document Cognos standards and procedures.
- Implement and maintain Cognos security.
- Interface with the vendor for elevated technical support.
- Monitor batch processes and servers for performance issues.
- Framework development to support new reporting requirements from the business.
- Design/develop functional analytical cubes and the associated ETL process.
- Develop dependencies, alerts, trend analysis and dashboards to monitor and support the infrastructure.
- Manage Cognos BI reporting, while utilizing best practices and innovative ideas to build, maintain, distribute and educate users on the reporting & query functionality of Cognos BI.
- Requires excellent organization and communication skills.
- Apply expertise to the implementation of Business Intelligence application to support global reporting.
- 8+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Systems or Information Technology
- Experience in Cognos BI configuration, administration and environment troubleshooting.
- Must have experience in developing and publishing packages using Framework Manager
- Must have experience with publishing Cognos objects across various environments.
- Expertise in design principles of Framework manager model.
- Strong hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux and virtual environment is desired.
- Good understanding of design principles of relational and dimensional data models
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and written skills, with the ability to work in a team environment
- Expertise with Data Modeling, Database design, and proficiency with SQL scripting
- Very good knowledge and expertise with use of Cognos Software Development Kit [SDK]
- Knowledge of concepts in the areas of Data Modeling, Data Warehouse, Analytics and associated areas.
- PL/SQL and relational database experience a plus
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to details
- Proven ability to work both independently and in team environments
- Great organizational, communication, and documentation skills.
Thanks & Regards,
Patton Labs Inc.
Email: email@example.com || Desk: 248-721-9441||
Office : 28345 Beck Road, Suite 408 Wixom, MI 48393