Collaboration Engineer needed ASAP for a 6+ month contract position in Washington, DC!
The Collaboration Engineer (CE) is to work with the Managing Consultant to understand project process, life cycle and documentation. They need to strive toward the precise execution of the process and documentation and to participate in the improvement thereof.The key objectives of the Sr. Collaboration Engineer (SCE) are to learn to understand and implement the technical requirements of Collaboration projects, which include VoIP, Video, Presence, Customer Contact and Collaborative Applications.
Learn to understand the customer environment (technical and political) and when escalation to the SCE is appropriate. Participate in the modification and continual improvement of the both the professional services project documentation and the project implementation processes Implement the project processes and documentation Serve the Customer to Client s standards Other duties as assigned
- Obtain and retain manufacturer certifications based on organizational and personal objectives. (Defined with the assistance of the Team Lead)
- Receive and follow the tasks as provided by the Senior Collaboration Engineer, update any required documentation and to have the SCE review your work.
- Stay current with technology trends, customer needs, and market demand.
- Learn the following based on specialty; routing, switching, site surveys, video endpoints, video infrastructure, QOS, Core Unified Communications, Enterprise Content Management, Presence and / or Customer contact applications
- Participate in a well-organized team environment based on the following values:
- Business Comprehension (Professionalism and Certifications)
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- Must have demonstrable experience with unified communications equipment and software, with a high emphasis on hands-on operational skills
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager AND/OR Unity Connection
- Communications Manager
- Cisco Video solutions
- CCIE required (both written and lab)
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.