Combat Identification Friendly Force Tracking Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Job Description: Position Summary
Successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to apply operational experience and technical subject matter expertise in Combat Identification (CID), including Mode 5 IFF, to support a 2-star level executive steering committee and its associated working groups, and to review and analyze Joint Capabilities and Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents
- Support planning, coordination and execution of Combat Identification Friendly Force Tracking Executive Steering Committee (CID-FFT ESC) FO/GO meetings, working groups and sub-working groups. Aid in agenda development and provide subject matter expertise and analysis to produce briefings, information papers, and post-meeting minutes.
- Support staffing, research, and issue development for biennial CID-FFT Action Plan, to include preparation of staff documents and briefings for Joint Staff Action Processing (JSAP) - 136 coordination if required
- Assist in preparations for NATO meetings, inquires and RFIs on CID
- As needed, provide CID subject matter expertise for Bold Quest Joint and Multinational Capability assessments
- Conduct analysis, evaluation and provide subject matter expertise, to review Initial Capabilities Documents (ICD), Capability Development Documents, and Capability Production Documents (ICD) per CJCSI/M 3170. Provide subject matter expertise for the integration of associated concept documents and architectures
- Support planning, coordination, execution, and production of associated briefings and papers on CID issues from Action Officer Level to Congressional requests
- Assist in development of briefings and support material for presentation to Functional Capabilities Boards (FCB), Joint Capabilities Board (JCB) to Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC).
- Bachelors Degree is required and 10 years of military experience. Related experience can substitute for a degree .
- Staff experience at a Combatant Command, Major Command, or Joint Staff
- Strong communication, writing and briefing skills
- Office computer skills
- Leadership experience in ground maneuver forces
- Combat experience in CENTCOM AOR
- Staff planning experience including interoperability, joint and combined warfare
- Experience with execution and monitoring of military operations
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.