Kforce's client has an opportunity for an experienced Command Center Specialist in Waltham, MA.
* Command Center Specialist will provide timely and accurate notifications of service interruptions worked by Operational Command Center or Major Incident Management team per prescribed organizational comms strategy
* Collaborate with IT support teams to assess event and alerts from monitoring tools, or Service Desk escalations, identify service interruptions or degradations, needed restoration activities, possible workarounds for the impacted user base, and communications required
* Collaborate on the development of the new ServiceNow Event Management dashboard, as well as procedures and processes needed by the Command Center to support all functions, maintain team knowledge base and procedures for, but not limited to: L2 incident management coordination with appropriate internal and external operational teams and documentation, shift turn over, daily audit of P1 tickets, support team engagements, Major Incident escalations, etc.
* As a Command Center Specialist, you will provide centralized maintenance of distribution lists (email, SMS) used to support Incident Response communications strategy
* Work with Change Enablement to develop procedures for Command Center to act as focal point for implementation status updates for approved high-risk changes
* Monitor and manage high priority incident tickets and escalated calls
* Conduct shift turn over activities per structured organizational procedures (MIM, CC, Problem Management, etc.)
* Command Center Specialists participate on Event Management project to implement event capture and correlation for tools/processes in place to monitor key infrastructure components and services; Once implemented, review and refine existing Event Management rules and thresholds as needed based on gaps identified during incidents or Problem Management analysis
* Minimum 5 years of experience performing data center incident response/management duties; 5-10 years preferred
* Experience working with cross-functional teams
* Proven experience with ITIL processes related to Event Management, Incident Management, Change Enablement, and Problem Management
* Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow and its related ITOM functions
* Familiarity with infrastructure monitoring tools (i.e., Spectrum, DataDog, Splunk, etc.)
* Exceptional English based written and verbal communications skills and ability to do so fall all audience levels
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Strong interpersonal skills including collaboration and negotiation
* Ability to influence and lead collaborative teams towards common service restoration goals
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize, track, and drive execution in stressful, high visibility situations
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components and interrelationships associated with support of WAN, network access and authentication, email, and other collaboration products/SaaS solutions, on premises and cloud (private and public) hosting, etc.
* Ability to employ troubleshooting techniques via phone or Corporate's collaboration tool set to work with team(s) needed to assess issues and determine the appropriate measures to restore service
* Able to adapt rapidly the change, learn continuously, build trusting relationships, and collaborate with other operational teams to drive service restoration efforts
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.