The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Main-mission communication satellites, wideband links, command and telemetry, and terrestrial networks, along with their enabling technologies, are the domain of the Communication Technologies and Engineering Division. The division comprises all aspects, from architectures to implementation; our engineers work directly with corporate customers to ensure robust and resilient communications.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- The successful candidate will support space systems communications engineering, development, and integration activities, and frequently includes research, development and in-depth engineering and analysis support to our customers, such as communication systems analysis, modeling, and simulation of diverse end-to-end systems. Evaluate and develop communications or signal processing engineering technologies.
- Support unique signal processing applications, such as signal exploitation, receiver signal processing, and satellite-based geolocation.
- Analyze and simulate complex communications, signal-processing, or networking systems.
- The areas of responsibility will primarily be in analysis and simulation, but knowledge of practical hardware limitations is necessary.
- Represent the department and sub-division with technical presentations, oversee existing projects, and the ability to work effectively with our customers.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited university.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience in progressively more responsible roles.
- Experience with systems engineering support in space and ground network systems.
- Experience in communications system analysis and simulation.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain this level of security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited university.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding state-of-the-art communications and signal-processing techniques.
- Experience with digital signal-processing analysis and simulation.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, modern commercial wireless standards and protocols.
- Ability to resolve communication issues associated with various systems.
- Specific experience in the following areas:
- Channel Modeling
- Wideband Receivers and Synchronization
- Link Analysis
- Practical hardware limitations and distortion effects
- Satellite-based geolocation
- Current and active TS/SSBI.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement