VariQ is looking for a creative individual to support its marketing/communication goals as the company continues to pursue innovation and deliver excellence within the tech space. This is a multi-faceted role working directly with the Director of Communications. If you like variety, are interested in putting your creative skills to use, and want to gain new competencies in the realm of internal/external communications, website and content development, branding, social media, event hosting, and more, this job might be for you!
* Location: 2600 Tower Oaks Blvd Suite 300 Rockville, MD
* Job Level: Entry
* Security Clearance: none
* Available: ASAP
* Developing and implementing marketing plans, including services/capability positioning and campaign strategies;
* Focus on branding, advertising, trade shows, company events and creating promotional collateral;
* Discovering strategic business opportunities through collaboration with business development, service delivery, and HR;
* Website content development, maintenance, analytics;
* Contributing to social media content creation and posting;
* Working with management on projects dealing with media relations, business communications, and success stories;
* Performing office and administrative duties to assist executive management including: executive communications, writing, editing documentation, calendar management, scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel;
* Organizing/spearheading admin and creative projects and initiatives such as social media campaigns, industry events, conferences, speaking engagements, networking events, and employee/staff appreciation events;
* Preparing presentations, reports, and updating internal databases;
* Maintaining an organized filing system of electronic documents in SharePoint and other collaborative technologies;
Personal traits that will best help the associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job include:
* Communicative - Apt to communicate, ask questions, offer ideas and suggestions. Willing to receive feedback. Strong interpersonal skills; friendly demeanor.
* Initiative - Willing to take on responsibilities and challenges. Anticipates and plans for upcoming needs. Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
* Good Judgement - Strong problem-solving skills. Able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
* Work Ethic / Creativity - Committed to producing excellent work and to ongoing personal and professional skill mastery. Not afraid to make mistakes; embraces a "fail forward" mindset. Loves to be creative and try new things.
* Flexible - Able to juggle a variety of projects and tasks, and change focus as the need requires.
* Collaboration / Facilitator - Enjoys working collaboratively with others, and facilitating organizations within the company in achieving their marketing/comms goals.
* Attention to Detail - Attentive to detail and thorough in completing work tasks; organized.
* Stress Tolerance - Maintains a calm and profession demeanor in high stress
* Discretion - Exercises discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
Preferred Experience / Skills / Education
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Journalism or related discipline (preferred; will accept professional experience in lieu of degree).
* Strong Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software;
* Experience with graphic design platforms such as InDesign, Canva, Illustrator and Photoshop;
* Familiarity with social media marketing and branding;
* Graphic design experience or willingness to learn;
* Audio and video-editing experience (bonus, but not required)
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.