The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
Main-mission communication satellites, wideband links, command and telemetry, and terrestrial networks, along with their enabling technologies, are the domain of the Communication Technologies and Engineering Division. The division comprises all aspects, from architectures to implementation; our engineers work directly with corporate customers to ensure robust and resilient communications.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- You will be a member of the Communications and Signal Analysis Department, supporting Intelligence Community, DoD, and Civil Services customers, out of our Chantilly, VA location
- You will perform satellite communications analysis, modeling, simulation, signal processing algorithm development, and signal geolocation
- In this position, you will also help expand the capabilities of our SIGINT Data Lab, by developing and introducing signal processing tools and capabilities into the lab, as well as researching and expanding access to various sources of data. You will also have the opportunity to support additional analysis, modeling and simulation efforts, in support of our broader customer base.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed
- Working as a member of a team and contributing to successful collaborative efforts is necessary. Performing analysis, documenting results, and developing and delivering presentations are also key requirements.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelors degree from an accredited program in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- At least two years of engineering-related work experience. An advanced degree might be used in lieu of working experience.
- Effective communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Willing to travel occasionally as required to support the mission (typically < 5%).
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Masters or PhD degree from an accredited program in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Proven experience or knowledge in the fields of satellite communications, digital communications and/or signal processing.
- Experience with National Security Space programs and an active TS/SCI security clearance.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement