Peraton is seeking a Communications Services Controller
in Las Cruces, NM. As a member of the NASA Space Network Operations Group, the Satellite Communications Services Controller is the technical focal point for the operation of the Space-to-Ground Link Terminal (SGLT) between the WSC ground station and the operational NASA Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (TDRS).
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex (WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.This position will be responsible for:
- Configuring, operating, and monitoring the SGLT equipment needed to communicate with the Mission Spacecraft
- Configuring, operating, and monitoring the TTC resources needed to control and communicate with the TDRS
- Monitor TDRS telemetry and transmit commands to the TDRS as required
- Must have the ability to quickly resolve system anomalies
- Generate and/or maintain pertinent documentation
- Respond quickly and effectively during critical and emergency situations
- Assimilates data quickly and consistently extends the scope of his/her capabilities
- Implement appropriate routine and contingency procedures with limited supervision
- Provide on the job training to other controllers
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance
- Subject to working rotating shifts, weekends and holidays on a rotational basis as a part of normal shift scheduling
- Must be able to pass physical examinations consistent with the Job Classification.
- Rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and mandatory overtime, on a rotational basis as a part of normal shift scheduling. Works in a general office environment.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 20 lbs., extended sitting or standing, and repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Visual, hearing, and speaking acuity is required. Handles continued high levels of stress.
- You have a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 2-4 years of related experience.
- You have 2 years of technical training (4 years of related experience can be substituted for 2 years of technical training).
- You acknowledge this position will be union and you will be required to join.
- Security clearance - this position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
- You have an active Secret security clearance.
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You are motivated, safety minded, and demonstrate a team attitude.
- You work well under pressure.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.