The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Main-mission communication satellites, wideband links, command and telemetry, and terrestrial networks, along with their enabling technologies, are the domain of the Communication Technologies and Engineering Division. The division comprises all aspects, from architectures to implementation; our engineers work directly with corporate customers to ensure robust and resilient communications.
Specialized areas of expertise within the department include communication hardware systems engineering and architecture, concept design and system sizing; flight systems test, hardware anomaly resolution; modeling and analysis of communication systems; link budget analysis; radio frequency interference studies; and encryption. What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Support primary customers including Space and Missile Systems Center, National Reconnaissance Office, Missile Defense Agency and Civil Agencies
- Provide cutting-edge communication system and technology research to enhance product features, reliability, and performance. Topics may include communications architectures, radio architectures, antenna technologies, communications network concepts, optical communications, concepts of operations & constellation orbital flight concepts
- Support quick-turnaround communications conceptual design and advanced architecture studies for space communication and navigation systems. Further task details include communication link budget and hardware analyses, detailed system hardware architecture trade studies and technology evaluations; managing and documenting project tasks involving complex systems and technology in multi-discipline team environments; and participating in and leading interdisciplinary teams in ongoing research or technical programs with other departments
- The Communication System Engineer position provides key technical support and innovative solutions for the topics and agencies noted above in an expeditious manner.
How You Can Stand Out
- Degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or another related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience after obtaining Bachelors (time spent obtaining an advanced degree counts toward this)
- Experience in space communications hardware: antennas, RF (systems, sub-systems and components) and digital communications systems
- Experience developing or implementing communications architectures including satellite Tracking, Telemetry & Command (TT&C) and mission payload systems
- Familiarity with modeling and simulation tools used in communications analysis
- Familiarity with communication systems engineering, systems integration, test and evaluation tasks for DoD, IC or Civil satellite & ground systems
- This position requires a current and active TS/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in an engineering field
- Experience working with Space Security and Defense Program, US Space Force or AFSPC, Missile Defense Agency, US Space Command, and NRO customers
- Possess strong insight and understanding of satellite operations and missions in application to Customer programs
- Experience managing and leading
- projects between Customers, FFRDCs and multi-discipline teams
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$98,294 - $159,916 - $221,537Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement