Reporting to the Senior Director, Customer Marketing, the Senior Manager, Community Marketing will be responsible for the execution of the company’s customer marketing programs: case studies; customer testimonials; customer references; speakers for industry events; marketing the global user group, online community, in real world user group meetups. In addition, s/he will be responsible for managing all customer content on the website. S/he will work closely with internal teams including: Customer Success; Sales; Product Marketing; Creative Services.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer and has past work experience in multimedia customer storytelling, i.e., has past work experience with case studies, audio & video interviews, blogs, social media. The candidate must be a good written and verbal communicator. A plus is a background in journalism; former journalists are very welcome and encouraged to apply. Another plus is a background in an enterprise software company where you managed the global user group, published many case studies, engaged closely with the customer success, sales, and product marketing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement all social media and communication campaigns
- Collaborative with the marketing, PR, and communications departments to ensure align strategies
- Generate engaging, unique, and compelling text, image, and video content for social media accounts
- Manage public comments and customer queries in a timely, engaging manner
- Monitor and report results of online reviews and public commentary
- Build community and boost brand awareness through events and other creative marketing ideas
- Liaise with development and sales departments, keeping abreast of new products and features
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals, and journalists in a fruitful way + keep up-to-date with digital technology trends.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS degree in Marketing or relevant field
- 5-10 years of experience as a Manager/Senior Manager, community marketing at a fast-growing enterprise company with outstanding community marketing practices
- Past evidence of successfully launching community initiatives (e.g. promoting products online via forums, beginning an ambassador program, producing an event series, writing newsletters etc.)
- Aptitude for tracking relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat visits or inquiries)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of social media uses for management of brands
- Knack for seeing and staying ahead of trends
- Analytical skills to interpret web traffic and online engagement metrics