Job ID: 2204061 Location:
FORT MEADE , MD , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
Are you interested in joining SAIC to be part of our partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, and architecture to our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture team as they aid our customer in collaborating, integrating, and standardizing the engineering approach across the customers enterprise.
We have a current requirement for a highly experienced systems engineer to support the customer's Compliance Capabilities effort located at their Laurel, Maryland Complex. The goal of the Compliance Capabilities effort is the integration of consistent compliance capabilities across the customer and Intelligence Community IT Enterprise Architectures to enable end-to-end compliance with U.S. laws and policies designed to protect U.S. Person information. The selected individual will:
- Analyze government identified legacy systems and new acquisitions to support customer mission by applying fundamental principles of systems engineering to document these systems and their relationship including the input, processing, output of data for the purposes of compliance with all laws and policies governing the handling of Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) collection and protection of US person's privacy. The focus is creation of products to support customer's effort to continuously monitor system compliance and to tie system compliance to the system's authority to operate (ATO).
- Conduct assessments of current system of record for recording compliance status of customer functional systems including ability to identify each system and the controls that should be in place to ensure compliance.
- Document system communication with the enterprise compliance services and develop plans for continuous monitoring.
- Document, in concert with a development team, recommended implementation plans to modify the existing system of record to support continuous monitoring of compliance controls.
- Assist planning and development of conceptual and technical requirements/solutions.
- Conduct effectiveness studies and trade-off analyses of current and future systems, programs, and techniques and present findings to the customer.
- Interface with the customer compliance group to determine the applicable compliance program requirements.
- Draft, review, update, and coordinate technology compliance and related policies, processes, and procedures based upon guidance and feedback from the Government.
- Analyze legal and policy documents in order to identify legal and technical implications, which might affect large-scale corporate information systems.
Desired but not required:
- Must have TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline
- At least 20 years of systems engineering experience.
- A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- A Master's degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience.
- Experience with requirements analysis, functional deconstruction, and apportionment of requirements to system components.
- Experience with documentation of systems, and systems of systems in accordance with systems engineering standards and practices.
- A working knowledge of the fundamentals of the customer's Cyber Security, SIGINT and TechSIGINT missions and the compliance regimes associated with them
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Detailed understanding of customer compliance rules and policy is desired. However, that level of knowledge is not required as selected individual will be enrolled in customer's compliance training courses upon start.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.