If interested, please send an updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sr. Compliance Analyst
100% Remote (EST hours) Summary
Our client is a consumer finance company that partners with furniture dealers across the country to provide our customers with a superior financing experience. We were founded with the aim of reinventing retail finance for our customers. Our founders are former executives at a leading financial institution with deep experience in retail lending and high growth businesses.
The Senior Compliance Associate plays an important second line of defense role, to help ensure corporate initiatives and departmental processes comply with applicable laws and regulations including but not limited to State Lease to Own Laws, Regulation B, FCRA, and Regulation Z. The Compliance Tester will be responsible for executing risk-based compliance testing under the leadership of a Senior Compliance Manager to independently validate business line adherence to applicable laws and regulations. Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and develop best-in-class compliance testing based on high-risk areas identified through monitoring and risk assessments.
- Review company policies and procedures for regulatory and operational misalignment.
- Conduct validation of compliance reports executed by peers and advise management on potential risks.
- Enable compliance data validation execution through design and execution of core data tests, review and challenge automated compliance controls and reporting logic.
- Assess risk and controls through the organization's risk and control framework.
- Support lifecycle of regulatory and compliance issue identification, reporting, and remediation validation.
- Adhere to testing schedules to ensure all tasks and reporting are completed within established timeframes.
- Obtain and analyze test data from multiple sources, following documented test plans, testing protocols, and leveraging job aids as needed.
- Submit test results and summary of risk to the compliance team.
- Retain documents that substantiate test results.
- Triage and validate potential risk identified through Compliance testing and report clear results and proposed solutions to Senior Compliance Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of compliance, legal or risk management experience in the consumer financial services industry
- Project management and implementation across organizations experience
- Understanding of applicable state and federal laws and regulations applicable to financial services including UDAAP, Reg. B, Reg E, Reg Z, FCRA, BSA, TCPA.
- Demonstrated ability to perform regulatory risk analysis, including mapping in a risk and control framework
- Ability to define risk, collect data, and draw effective conclusions
- Ability to multi-task and handle variety of projects and responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and conscientious attention to detail
- Expert with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with colleagues at all levels to support multiple stakeholders, fulfilling the culture and priorities of the business
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.