Overview Our Team BNY Mellon Asset Servicing
provides global solutions tailored to meet our clients- unique needs to help enhance the management, administration and oversight of their entire investment process and deliver the tools they need to expand their ability to process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. Asset Servicing Technology Production Services
is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services teams runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company-s top priorities, this is the place for you. The Role
We are seeking a Computer Operator
to support our mission critical Sub Accounting business.
Our Sub-Accounting (SuRPAS) Support team, Service Bureau Operations, is currently responsible for queue scheduling and executing jobs in 33 client databases (combination of Production and Test) utilizing the SuRPAS application on a Linux Platform. An extensive amount of transmissions are included throughout the processing cycles using NDM and FTP protocols. Key Responsibilities:
- Execution of the current day-s client queue utilizing internally developed checklists OWL, (Operations Workflow Log), and database monitoring tools to maintain 24X7X365 database processing and meet all client SLAs and deadlines.
- Conduct backups using ARK events
- Provide support to clients by responding to emails and phone calls.
- Monitor the status of equipment such as PC's, printers
- Perform file transfers using NDM and FTP-s and understands how to perform overrides, override date checks and new date masks when required.
- Queue and process ad hoc events submitted through ELM (Event List Manager).
- Perform project work when required.
- Process and complete User Acct. Maintenance requests for new accounts, changes to existing accounts or password resets.
- Check DB Status and understand detail. Estimate how long before files can be shipped.
- Understand how to respond to DB Status alerts
- Check, review and maintain OWL (Operations Workflow Log) alerts for databases being monitored. Determine validity of alerts and notify supervisor when required.
- Perform sweeper checks and SNAPSTATs at the end of processing day for databases monitored.
- Perform cursory troubleshooting of database processing errors and follow escalation and contact procedures appropriately.
Provides support to all IT-related activities and initiatives using established procedures, including guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on straightforward IT problems and ensures resolution. Provides local smart hands capability and maintains management of End user Assets. Provides IT/Desktop support services including frontline subject matter expertise to employees to ensure that all service levels are achieved, local and organisational changes are supported including the provision of established procedures, including guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on straightforward IT problems and ensures resolution and smart hands activity. Supports the onboarding and implementation of new products and services and support the end user engagement and education of technology services. Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the organisations tracking of end user assets and responsible for diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues. To understand configuration and functionality of site technology (including any space where technology is consumed) To have basic troubleshooting knowledge to support the primary products and services used by the end user employee base. Working knowledge of diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues, Internet connectivity and Microsoft operating systems and office suite. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in a related discipline required Typically requires no previous professional experience or 2+ years experience in a Tech Help Desk support capacity; related internship experience is a plus
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline required Typically requires no previous professional experience or 2+ years experience in a Tech Help Desk support capacity; related internship experience is a plus
Demonstrated proficiency in a detail-oriented position, reliable, adaptable, able to multi-task, and ability to troubleshoot issues to a resolution.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and NDM/Connect Direct.
- Knowledge of FTP protocols
- Windows Applications Platform familiarity
- Must type a minimum of 25-30WPM.
- Understand hierarchy of escalation : Night Duty, Integrators, Supervisor, Manager
- Understand how to open SEVERITY level tickets for processing abends
- Know the important SLA-s and CPI-s associated with databases being monitored.
- Understand LIMITINQ and LIMITALL and how to complete times in Shift Summary.
- Understand basic events in a database processing queue and their purpose.
- Basic understanding of MEL (Master Event Listing) and where to locate them.
- Basic understanding of ELM (Event List Manager).
- Understand how to identify transmission failures, File Rejects and ERRs.