Computer Programmer - NLP Expertise - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Computer Programmer
to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. OVERVIEW.
This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
The contractor shall:
- Manage section software development and deployment practices:
- Advise on the establishment, implementation, and dissemination of best practices and guidelines for software development, management, and documentation
- Develop and/or refine Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for software development and deployment
- Work with section staff to ensure guidelines and SOP are followed
- Work with system owner and administrators to manage both off-the-shelf and custom software
- Support the successful application of custom software in the SSA environment:
- Support software installation in the SSA environment
- Work with SSA stakeholders to ensure software requirements are understood and met
- Run tests in the SSA environment to identify issues and possible solutions
- Implement coding changes to address requirements and issues
- Collaborate with researchers to turn research algorithms and prototype codes into robust and scalable codes that can be integrated into SSA systems and environment
- Improve code performance through methods such as parallelization or other efficiency approaches
- Serve as point person for feedback from SSA stakeholders around integration of custom software and lead efforts to address this feedback
- Support software development for Natural Language Processing (NLP) systems:
- Integrate developed NLP models with frameworks, either current section frameworks, SSA frameworks, or newly developed frameworks
- Consult and assist with software for section business functions
- Support implementation of software for automated versioning of records
- Support implementation and refinement of software for annotators
- Develop and/or modify graphic user interfaces (GUIs) for NLP tools
- Develop and/or modify interface with annotation software
- Develop and/or modify interface for resource development such as ontologies or terminologies
- Develop and/or modify interface for information retrieval systems
- Provide expertise in multiple coding languages
- Provide programming solutions for working with diverse data elements
- Code in multiple languages including Java and Python to develop software that can be run across various platforms
- Develop tests of integrity to be run at regular intervals
The contractor must have:
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, data sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum of nine (9) years professional experience in coding and methodology relevant to the tasks of this SOW
- Proficient in multiple coding languages including Java and Python
- Experience using code management systems such as git
- Experience with cloud services for data science solutions
- Experience processing data in different formats such as TXT, CSV, XML, JSON, and HTML
- Experience working in command languages such as bash
- Familiarity with data science coding libraries such as TensorFlow, scikit-learn, PyTorch, and/or Keras
- Attention to detail in writing and testing code
- Ability to work effectively both in teams and independently; professional presence for independent interaction with SSA stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Timely delivery of contract products
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.Why Kelly ® ?
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly ®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.