COMPUTER SCIENTIST - SENIOR (IND-21-1530-W):
Bowhead seeks a Sr. Computer Scientist support the INDOPACOM JIOC located in Honolulu, HI. The Sr. Computer Scientist will be tasked with providing specialized expertise to support the Intelligence Mission Management Center (IMMC) mission, enabling the effective and efficient management of national and theater level ISR through situational awareness, system integration, data management and integration, and on-demand development to automate various functions.
Responsibilities may include:
• Employ mathematics, statics, information science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, network science, probability modeling, data mining, data engineering, data warehousing, data compression, data protection, and / or other scientific techniques to correlate complex, technical findings into graphical, written, visual and verbal narrative products on trends of existing intelligence data to leverage other IC data sources.
• Develop and utilize machine learning and data mining algorithms, including, but not limited to Multiple Information Model Synthesis Architecture (MIMOSA) prediction algorithms based on open source capabilities.
• Integrate or code algorithms to support Government intelligence search and discovery missions.
• Make best-practice recommendations on managing data within hardware, software, storage, and bandwidth constraints.
• Employ data science techniques to support predictive analysis, social media and crowd-source data analytics, war gaming, and strategy development.
• Employ exploratory analysis and rapid iteration techniques of large volumes of data to quickly derive intelligence.
• Support the identification of automated collection criteria, development of automated collection requirements, collection planning, research and development for optimization purposes, processing, and dissemination.
• Develop and implement innovative processes to investigate, prototype, and evaluate technologies and process to close intelligence gaps.
• Assist in the integration of new collection management related technology, equipment, or software into operational architectures and/or fuses existing complementary' technology to ensure that a system functions effectively as a whole.
• Evaluate the functionality, effectiveness, and suitability of systems and applications to
identify and address shortcomings.
• Collaborate with collection management personnel on development of specialized, innovative, or novel methods and procedures to support national and theater Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance missions.
• Collaborate with contractors in complementing mission areas, such as data scientists and knowledge managers to identify technical and / or procedural deficiencies, develop alternative courses of actions to improve existing procedures and / or mitigate identified deficiencies, and facilitate the implementation of new processes, techniques, procedures, to include automation where possible.
• Recommend changes to collection management processes based on operational efficacy, research, or maturity of the emerging technologies.
• Evaluate and assesse collection management initiatives and activities and makes recommendations to continuously optimize applications and processes.
• Develop and implement collection management processes to guide automation activities through the presentation of briefings and technical reports.
• Support and participate in conferences, exercises (planning and execution), and working groups (via secure video teleconferencing (VTC) or in person). Joint Collection Management Board (JCMB), Joint Collection Working Groups (JCWG), Defense Collection Management Boards (DCMB), and National Collection Management Boards (NCMB) as requested by the Government.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• Master's degree in a related field is highly preferred; Bachelor's degree related field is required.
• Broad understanding of computer science with over five (5+) year of relevant technical experience.
• Software development technical skill and familiarity with a mix of following languages/programs/systems/tools:
- Computer Languages: Java, Flash, C++, C#, Macromedia, HTML, XML, Analysis,
- Data Science Languages: Python, R, Watson, IBM, Tableau, SAS
- Databases: MySQL, Access, Oracle, SQL Server
- Applications: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Eclipse, SharePoint
- Operating Systems: Windows, Azure (Cloud)
• Familiar with formats/medium including but not limited to: Blitz, Cognos, Kibana, JEMA, SENTIENT, or related tools.
• Desired experience: Prior CCMD experience. Ability to work in a fast paced/high OPTEMPO environment.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently have and be able to maintain a clearance at the Top Secret level with SCI eligibility. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Top Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to apply:
#LI-KC1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)