HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please click the "Apply Now” button. Applications submitted without a resume will not be accepted.
FBI Computer Scientists are part of a highly collaborative investigative team working to prevent cyberattacks that include counterintelligence plots, fraud, bank robberies and more. Because our work is constantly changing and expanding to meet new challenges imposed by rapid advances in technology, terrorism and intelligence threats, you will serve on the frontline of helping us stay ahead of the next threat. Whether designing, developing or testing tools and systems to ensure our national security — if initiative and diligence are all it takes for you to rise to the challenge — a Computer Scientist career at the FBI is calling.
- Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
- Perform system and network procurement, installation, administration and security.
- Develop and implement custom tools and methods and use, troubleshoot and modify existing tools and methods to identify, isolate, preserve and analyze digital data.
- Identify, vet and implement new tools and methods.
- Develop and use basic computing environments for analysis.
- Provide technical assistance in conducting interviews, searches and other investigative and operational activity; perform liaison and outreach.
- Draft documents on technical and other professional matters in varying degrees of difficulty and at the appropriate technical level.
- Stay current with major new advances in relevant technology-related topics; provide guidance on tools and methods related to these advances; and testify in court when necessary.
- Coordinate with the private sector and other divisions to resolve technical and other relevant issues.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance. May be required to obtain a Secret Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Meet all FBI employment eligibility requirements.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony.
- Some travel may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
All degrees must be verified by submitting college transcripts.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements.
- Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBI’s Candidate Rating Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement.
- If you are deemed Most Competitive, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration.