CGI Federal is looking for a Mid-Level Computer Systems Analyst to lead and manage technical application development projects and systems analysis projects for medium- to large-scale projects following a well-planned SDLC. Your future duties and responsibilities
Builds and codes applications and/or modules using languages such as C++, Visual Basic, ABAP, JAVA, XTML, Objective C, HTML 5, .NET, etc.
Provides patches and upgrades to existing systems.
Designs web-based, mobile technology, cloud, and security interface to meet the specific needs of users.
Prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
May build add-on modules using application program language.
May have vendor management responsibility. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2-5 years of experience are required
* Experienced in all facets of the SDLC and maintenance of systems including development of software, design, system integration, configuration, testing, training, and providing presentations and status reports to teams and clients.
* Leads and/or directs the efforts of specialists on project(s).
* Ensures that information security risks are managed throughout the SDLC.
* Provides technical assistance and direction for SDLC tasks, reviews work to design specs and quality of development. Assures software and systems quality and functionality.
* Works closely with SSA clients and business analyst. Translate business requirements to system requirements and detailed system specifications necessary for system design.
* Performs system administration tasks such as developing JCL code, utility programs, subroutines, etc. Complies with standards, policies, and procedures, and documents activities.
* Monitors development and changes to software user requirements.
Ideal candidate will have one or more of the following Certifications: IEEE, SEI, Microsoft, UNIX, JAVA, COBOL, Network, Security, Architecture, Web, Service-based, Oracle, IBM, Data related, and Database related.
Desired Specific Skills: Specific programming languages, MS Project, MS Office, Visio, Knowledge of large-scale infrastructures and products, all facets of SDLC
Desired Emerging Tech Experience: Cloud Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.