Magic Lab, Concept and Prototype Engineer (Senior Staff Software Engineer)
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
We will consider staff to senior staff level professional experience.
How would you like to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time? Would you be interested in investigation and application of new technologies used by tens of millions of passionate gamers around the world? Do you want a career opportunity that combines both your passion and skills as an engineer and allows you to extend your knowledge in driving bleeding edge technology? Then you should check us out here at Sony PlayStation’s Magic Lab!
Our PlayStation Magic Lab seeks a passionate game enthusiast who has a knack for introducing concepts and engineering prototypes into the gaming industry. This engineer should have a proven history of providing concept development through proven strategic thinking and software engineering principles. If you have the background described, please apply!
- Consistently demonstrate strategic thinking and innovation
- Act as domain expert for a new technology as it relates to a user experience
- Advise business groups on new technology
- Stay current with latest game and interaction technologies by attending conferences and reading papers
- Collaborate with internal and external game studios to create new entertainment experiences
- Collaborate with internal product groups to prototype new entertainment experiences
- Collaborate with marketing and PR to share PlayStation research interests with our customers
- Present new ideas at internal and external events such as trade shows, developer conferences, relevant academic conferences, and press events
- Additional tasks may be assigned
- Strength in one or more areas: AI, machine learning, computer vision, control theory, electronics, firmware development, robotics and/or network programming
- User experience driven design
- Understand application-level to low-level architectures and development
- Programming in C/C++
- Rapid prototyping
- Real-time computing
- Strong communications ability, e.g. verbal, written, presentational, reporting etc.
- Strong passion for video games and play
- Knowledgeable of 3D graphics: shader, DirectX, OpenGL, Unity, or Unreal
- Knowledgeable of the rendering pipeline
- Knowledgeable of hardware-level build outs
- Professional experience in technical fields mentioned within requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
- Masters and/or Ph.D in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics a plus