ECS is seeking a Configuration Analyst
to work in our Langley AFB, VA
office. Job Description:
- Provides change control management and supports configuration management.
- Analyzes complex engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
- Ensures change identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
- Updates existing change systems and support updates to the configuration systems.
- Develops change and data management documentation based on Program requirements.
- Identifies requirements and coordinates the development and implementation of computer-based change and configuration/data management systems and related support.
- Provides guidance and training to managers, site leads, engineers, and systems and network administrators regarding change procedures.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of ITIL principles, methods, techniques, and best practices to configuration management and change management.
- Serves as a local Subject Matter Expert (SME) for change management, configuration management, baseline configuration, and the procurement. process for supporting external requests, data calls, and contract deliverable (CDRL) reporting to the Program Office.
- Attends and participates in Technical Review Board (TRB) and/or Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings.
- Processes service requests and change request tickets using SCSM or a similar ticketing tool.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in change, configuration, release, asset and cyber management support.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of and familiarity with change management software applications.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 5 years of Configuration Analyst experience required.
- BA/BS degree (may substitute additional years of experience).
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be experienced at using spreadsheet and database export data to create metrics and reports and possess the knowledge to generate reports and dashboards.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint and others.
- Preferred experience with Tableau or a similar reporting tool.
- The work is performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.