Configuration Management (CM) emphasizes the functional relation between parts, subsystems, and systems for effectively controlling system change. CM verifies that changes are carried out as prescribed through the Engineering Change (EC) process and that published documentation of items and systems reflects their true configuration. Data Management (DM) emphasizes the management of data and document artifacts supporting Engineering Change process deliverables. Support will include hands-on work organizing and preparing Engineering data and Program Management data. This position may be responsible for working within, and contributing to, our existing ISO processes for engineering, development, manufacturing, delivery, and maintenance. The CM/DM resource will be responsible for timely participation in normal business operations to include but not limited to email, status reporting, timesheets, training. The candidate will report to the department lead and may receive daily tasking through senior resources.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Administer inventory item set up, document naming and part revision process in support of configuration identification requirements.
- Administer change logs during the engineering change lifecycle.
- Designs, develops and establishes data management documentation based on program requirements
- Participates in design reviews, audits, schedules, budgets, etc.
- Utilizes product data management tools
- Responsible for regular reporting of progress and status
- Communicate (written and oral) with other company
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Prepare ECR for CCB review by ensuring form completeness, verifying supporting documentation exists and providing where used reports when required.
- Review ECO for completeness to support implementation, evaluate where used reports and identify change meets intent of ECR.
- May analyze proposed design changes to determine the effect on the overall system
- Communicate ECR and or ECO deficiencies and coordinate the completion of related activities to meet implementation schedules.
- Contribute to the Configuration Management System (CMS) as a means of achieving industry best practices for Configuration Management and promote continuous process improvement.
- Adhere to established process to ensures that changes to the system are implemented using a standardized, systematic approach that ensures consistency and document methods when process does not exist.
- Revise and update appropriate configuration management plans, processes and procedures as requested.
- CMII Certification or similar preferred
- Basic understanding of engineering or manufacturing technical data packages
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- Good oral and written communication skills
- General computer skills – Outlook, Excel and Word applications (Novice users will not meet expectations)
- Hands on experience with CM/DM tools (Dynamics, Syteline, Omnify, ARAS, Solidworks Vault, Cost Point, Etc.)
- Current secret clearance or able to get secret clearance
- Associates degree in Engineering or Related technical field (CAD data systems)
- 2 + years’ experience and degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- DOD or Medical program experience
- Experience in one or many of the following areas: semiconductor-based products, photonics, opto-electronic packaging, regulated environments (e.g., medical devices), defense products
"We Engineer your success" Britech Group, Inc is a Technology Staffing Company who are experts in integrating exceptional people with top companies. Additional Job Openings- http://britechgroup.com