VariQ, a leader in innovative IT solutions and professional services for federal clients, is seeking motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
, VariQ anticipates performing software development and application enhancements on this O&M contract using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and DevSecOps processes. VariQ is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a SAFe Agile release planning team implementing CI/CD pipeline to support one our nation's most critical homeland missions - the storage and processing of student and exchange visitor information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis.
VariQ is seeking a highly motivated Configuration Management Specialist
to join our growing team to develop, support, and modernize mission-critical applications for our DHS customer. The successful candidate will help provide support to project teams in configuring and base-lining software using automated tools to develop, deploy, and maintain mission-critical applications. You will also prepare configuration documentation and review and recommend improvements to existing CM processes. Additional Information:
- Security Clearance: Ability to attain a DHS EOD clearance required
- Available: ASAP
- Location: Arlington, VA/Tyson's Corner, VA
- Salary: dependent upon experience
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform Configuration Management (CM) responsibilities within the development-to-production life-cycle of the program
- Analyze current environment; define processes, strategies and standards for check-in, check-out, labeling, build, branch and merge etc. to support multiple sprint teams working simultaneously on new development and production support.
- Install/configure CM tool, import source code, set up user workspaces, work with the build engineer to integrate CM tool with the build scripts and IDE to automate build process
- Ensure all CM processes and strategies are working
- Support and Manage the team as needed, including providing training, trouble shooting and rigorous CM support to the development team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline is required.
- 3+ years of experience serving as a configuration manager for a medium-to-complex applications development project.
- 3+ years of experience as a member of an Agile Scrum development team, SAFe Agile experience preferred
- Understanding of Serena, Ansible, Jenkins and Jira
- Experience developing, documenting, and managing change control processes.
- Coordinate change and configuration activities within the established framework for requirements, development, testing, and approval.
- Familiarity with DHS Enterprise change control, configuration management, and Enterprise compliance programs is highly desirable.
- Experience producing and writing a configuration management plan
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.