Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
MSC is seeking an ITIL-certified Configuration Management Lead to lead configuration management initiatives for enterprise IT systems in traditional and DevOps/Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
* Lead efforts to improve configuration and change management controls by applying the ITIL framework and implementing best practices and enterprise tools.
* Assess current configuration managed environments and configuration management practices and make recommendations based on customer goals and initiatives to implement DevOps / Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
* Work with stakeholders to define clear configuration management objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, and provide responsive change management in frequent planning/re-planning meetings.
* Gather business requirements and document these requirements in business cases, project charters, and project plans; update these documents to record progress and changes.
* Manage change and release related communications.
* Provide thought leadership in addressing challenges and suggesting alternative ideas.
* Establish, enhance, and maintain configuration management policies and procedures for complex distributed research environment.
* Implement policies and procedures for managing patches and releases * including evaluating, approving, scheduling, and deploying via release automation tools.
* Interface effectively with cross-functional teams with diverse technical skill sets.
* Lead effective transformations by challenging, inspiring, and supporting culture change.
* Ensure consistent application of configuration management policies and procedures across Windows, Macintosh, and Linux server and desktop environments.
* Establish a CMDB and/or central repository for configuration management data and reports; work with relevant teams to create and maintain baselines.
* Develop templates, guidelines, and processes to facilitate consistency, accuracy, and traceability in identifying, recording, verifying, controlling, and maintaining configuration information.
* Provide detailed reports on configuration items to support knowledge management and to facilitate forecasting, planning, and incident/problem resolution.
* Implement a quarterly physical and functional configuration audit process; compare actual status and authorized status of configuration items; work with stakeholders to remedy identified issues; keep customer informed throughout.
* Support regulatory compliance and cyber hygiene efforts including those related to the United States Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB), HHS Secure One, and the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA).
* Raise issues and exceptions; follow-through to resolution.
* Capture and apply lessons learned to facilitate continuous improvement.
* Bachelor*s Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related discipline
* Minimum of five to eight years of proven experience in configuration and documentation control management in support of IT organizations
* Demonstrated understanding of and experience implementing and maintaining configuration management processes and procedures in a DevOps/Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment
* Experience as an effective transformational leader who will challenge, inspire, and support while effectively interfacing with personnel at all levels
* Prior experience with configuration, change, and release management tools, including tools such as Chef, Electric Cloud, GitHub, Innotas, Jenkins, JIRA, Maven, Serena, and ServiceNow.
* ITIL v3 Foundation certification and experience using ITIL-based processes
* Other applicable certifications demonstrating expertise in the areas of configuration management tools and the implementation, control, and administration of hardware and software
* Excellent organization and technical project management skills using both traditional and agile methodologies
* Ability to think analytically and independently with a strategic mindset to provide the thought leadership necessary to introduce incremental and evolutionary change
* Ability to effectively, collaboratively, and confidently communicate * in writing and presentations * complex topics and procedures with cross-functional team members and all levels of customer stakeholders
* Excellent client management and customer service skills
* Excellent attention to detail, quality, and follow-through
* Commitment to continuous improvement and the elimination of performance variability
* Solid understanding of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), United States Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB), HHS Secure One, and other federal security regulations and standards
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Project, and Visio
* Must meet all requirements for obtaining and maintaining a Public Trust Clearance
* Master*s degree preferred
* ITIL Intermediate Qualification(s) in Release, Control, and Validation; Service Transition; and/or Continual Service Improvement
* Traditional and/or agile project management certifications such as CompTIA Project +; PMI CAPM, PMP, ACP; or Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
* Experience supervising configuration management staff
* Experience with the ServiceNow IT Asset Management, Configuration Management, and Change Management modules
* Experience in a scientific research and development (R&D) environment with demonstrated ability to analyze problems and propose multiple solutions
* Familiarity with IT project governance and HHS Enterprise Project Life Cycle (EPLC)
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.