Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Configuration Manager; position is contingent upon award of the FFSS contract. Award expected June/July 2021.
The Configuration Manager will provide change, release and configuration support at the ITIL program office level and support the ITIL functions of Change Management, Release Management, Build Management and Configuration management, as they are executed throughout the ITOPS. These ITIL management disciplines ensure that all components of product releases and infrastructure changes are organized and deployed in a controlled manner enabling a repeatable process. The Configuration Manager shall review, analyze and standardize release and deployment processes and audit those processes as well. The Contractor shall support the design and implementation of formal procedures, including checks and balances throughout the process. The Configuration Manager shall identify and mitigate risk to ensure the integrity and recoverability of the production environment and ensure the currency, accuracy, and completeness of the CMDB for all business and technical data elements for IT Operations applications.Primary Responsibilities
The Configuration Manager will support our efforts in aligning Change, Release and Configuration Management through the enterprise and they will assist with this increased workload. They will support the Configuration Management team with establishing organizational timelines, policy and procedures to meet organizational goals. They will assist with leading SharePoint Project Management, Timelines and documentation efforts.
- Requires ability to communicate with program leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Works with VA stakeholders and team members to demonstrate acceptability of urgent practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Manage and maintain the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)enterprise level; as a means to implement continuous process improvement effortsanalyze/modify the current enterprise change framework and provide status reporting prior to and/or after remediation actions/fixes have been engineered and executed; validate deployment plans have been provided and are in compliance with existing performance limitations.
- Provide customers and government lead with accurate, timely information on infrastructure system/service configuration items.
- Document and track modifications using the established CMDBsuch as ServiceNow, or other VA-approved ITSM system(s).
- Identification of configuration items, implementing change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Working on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.).
- Developing and updating CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for ITIL SACM.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins or equivalent
External Referral Bonus:
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust. Government contract requirement
- Bachelors Degree and 5 years experience. May substitute degree for 13 years of relevant experience
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Configuration ManagementPay Range: