- provides information technology (IT), information assurance (IA), and visual communication services to government and commercial customers worldwide - is hiring a full-time Configuration Manager with TS/SCI
at its Charlottesville, VA
Founded in 1987, IMG is a leading small business that exemplifies competence, integrity and follow-through. We consistently provide customer focused professional services, which ensures our company is recognized for continually exceeding expectations. We believe that at the core of our success stand our people. Our people have provided professional services in the Information Technology field for our customers with a commitment to customer satisfaction for over 30 years.Responsibilities
The incumbent of this position will serve as the Change Manager within a Configuration Management Team. The Change Manager improves the Information Technology (IT) Directorates overall ability to respond to its customers changing Business requirement while maximizing value and reducing incidents, disruption, and rework through a Configuration Management Process. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Configuration Manager:
- Understands and advises Customers and IT Staff on current NGIC IT policy, regulations, and procedures. Integrates NGIC IT practices with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Enterprise Service Management (ESM) Processes. Promotes and communicates the Change Management Program.
- Interacts with and maintains positive relationships with customers and IT staff. Liaise with all necessary parties to coordinate Change building, testing and implementation, in accordance with program schedules.
- Evaluates all Requests for Change (involving IT Services, Configuration Items, Processes, and Documentation) ensuring they align services with current business requirements.
- Reviews Changes for proper use of resources and planning, adjusts prioritization as necessary, determines appropriate approval authority, and ensures objectives have been successfully met upon completion.
- Analyze Changes and notifies IT Leadership of trends or apparent problems.
- Updates Change records when necessary; including any actions to correct problems and/or take opportunities to improve service quality.
- Implements Configuration Management discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life and is responsible for the Change Management of all configuration items in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Manages and develops agenda for weekly Configuration Control Board (CCB); identifying all key changes and scheduled maintenance for review and approval; Schedules review/approval of new software programs; identifies and invites required Subject Matter Experts based on meeting agenda; Ensures management approval and concurrence is received and/or assignee appointed for action items discussed; Creates and posts weekly meeting minutes.
- Builds Change Management information papers and reports for IT Leadership as necessary. Generates reports via Enterprise Service Center (ESC).
- Develops and implements new Change and Configuration Management policy as necessary.
- Identifies new configuration items, configuration status accounting, and assists in configuration audits.
- Creates and maintains software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines. Ensures version control processes, policies, and procedures are followed during development projects.
- Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high quality IT environment is highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with a strong customer service focus and ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively with attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in configuration management support
- Understanding and familiarity with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Enterprise Service Management, and Configuration Management processes.
TS/SCI prior to considerationCertification Requirements:
ITIL Foundation Certification recommended.Education/Years of Experience:
HS or GED and 10 years experience
Associates and 8 years experience
BS and 6 years experience
MS and 4 years experienceIMG COMPANY BENEFITS
Information Management Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 20 days of personal leave plus paid federal holidays
- Professional development and training assistance