Wits Solutions Inc. (WITS) is a SBA certified 8(a) company with headquarters in the metropolitan Washington D.C. area. WITS has been providing best-in-class solutions in professional IT and administrative consulting to various Federal, State, Local and commercial customers. At WITS, we believe in working not for our clients but with them. This is why right from the beginning; our analysts and solution-builders work closely with our clients to ensure that the project outcomes continue to deliver value long into the future.
Primary responsibility is to build and deploy a .NET based application - As a Configuration Specialist you will be a key member of a team that is dedicated to securely and efficiently delivering the tools our clients need to support their efforts towards improving healthcare. You are a highly motivated self-starter with experience supporting configuration management for custom .NET applications deployed in a Windows Environment. Experience with CI/CD and security and compliance automation are desired.
- Manage, develop and communicate the end to end Change & Release Management process
- Ensure CM processes are documented and followed across the programs.
- Define release package design, build configuration, and method of deployment
- Communicate effectively with internal program staff and external stakeholders in changes and releases
- Maintain unified change/ release calendar; initiate new IT Change Requirements
- Installations, configurations and implementations of off-the-shelf software/applications
- Maintaining Windows servers and provide infrastructure support for .NET applications
- Bring vision and strategy for future technologies and processes while managing the ongoing application and infrastructure needs
- Assist in design, development, and implementation of DevOps practices, tools, and processes
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM major
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Understanding of the ASP.NET Build and deployment model
- Working knowledge of Microsoft IIS and Application Servers
- Experience developing MSBuild and Powershell scripts
- Knowledge of VIP/DNS configurations for EnterpriseWide applications.
- Strong incident/problem resolution, troubleshooting, and QA skills
- Proficient at working in agile software development environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and or Experience:
- Experience delivering and managing systems on Azure
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Experience in government health care programs
Equal Opportunity Employer Veteran/Disabled