Job Title: Connected Vehicle Electronics ECU (electrical control unit) Specialist
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has opening for Connected Vehicle Electronics ECU (electrical control unit) Specialist. The positions, based in Auburn Hills, MI are for a Fortune 500 client of STG and expected to be long term. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to candidates in the US, if needed.
The Connected Services Vehicle Electronics ECU (electronic control unit) Specialist will be the single source contact between the connected services organization and the vehicle electronics teams, as well as, interacting with upper management as required.
Will also be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
Works with the internal team, suppliers and the Connected Services team:
• To ensure all requirements (head unit and vehicle electronics) are understandable
• To manage the defects (head unit and vehicle electronics) and ensure a high quality for connectivity services
Maintain the defect management process for HU including all the various defect management systems.
• To track change requests with HU suppliers and manage the development timeline
• To understand the development schedule with the supplier and distribute to the Connected Services Team
• To unit test all Applications/Feature and a qualification readiness status prior to every qualification event.
• To track the status of HU S/W releases and provide direction to the team on what S/W release is to be used qualification events and unit testing.
• Firmware Integration
• Release Management
• Defect management meetings and War rooms.
• Supports the development and approval of the design gate documents.
• Management one-page report outs on status of Project post design gate
• Provide firmware test and defects status
• Performs API Tool Test on every HU S/W release.
• Completed BSEE
• 5+ Years of Automotive Electrical and/or Connectivity experience including:
• Must be able to read, write, understand, and make changes with Coding using Python, C, and/or Java
• Experience in Integration, being able to problem solve and troubleshoot
• 2 years in automotive electrical development and design.
• 2 years in telematics connectivity.
• Requires strong leadership, management and technical skills to project manage the teams.
• Technical skills include:
• Vehicle CAN Bus tools
• Logging tools
• Ability to review development timing and ensure meeting best practices
• Excellent Organization Skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and tasks
• Fast Learner
• Proficient in MS Office applications, Project, Vision
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Ability to discern what issues need management escalation and when.
Travel and Driving Requirements
• Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
• Will be required to travel domestically up to 20%
Resume Submittal Instruction: Please e-mail a word formatted resume to Suchitra Ray at email@example.com or contact at: 248.712.6732. In the subject line of the e-mail please include: First and Last Name – Connected Vehicle Electronics ECU (electrical control unit) Specialist
Corporate Information: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing IT consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with expertise in Application Development, Application Management, Web Services (SOA), Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Wireless Solutions, Legacy migrations and Project Management. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our clients’ global IT needs. STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid vacations and paid holidays. For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.