The Strategic Sourcing Consultant is responsible for sourcing and contracting for the company s moderate to complex products and services, typically in support of designated customer groups or categories of spend in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Source/Direct negotiate one-time materials and services needs in a manner that supports business partner requirements and a long-term category strategy.
- Participate in cross-functional teams under the direction of the Strategic Sourcing Manager to source/negotiate and contract for products and services Develop RFPs consistent with needs of the business, using knowledge, analysis and strategies.
- Serve as the single point of contact (customers and suppliers) during RFP process leading pre-bid meetings, responding to supplier inquiries, etc.
- Update stakeholders of project plans and status. Identify potential suppliers (including diverse suppliers), evaluating qualifications and internal support for inclusion.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing evaluation criteria. Develop and execute negotiation strategy in collaboration with the strategic sourcing team Prepare commercial evaluation of proposals, analyzing pricing proposals, or working with analysts on evaluation of proposals involving high data volumes.
- Recommend award strategy.
- Develop contract documents consistent with Company policies and procedures which reflect negotiated agreement, reduce business and legal risk and capture desired long-term outcomes.
- Review contracts with stakeholders to explain and manage specific risks and assure agreement with proposed terms and conditions.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for assessing issues relating to completed contracts, analyzing requirements and options for resolution or referring as appropriate to the Strategic Sourcing Manager, Large Capital Project Sourcing Manager, Legal, etc.
- Expert knowledge of the role of sourcing and contracting in meeting company goals, and how Supply Chain creates value for the enterprise with a good understanding of defined strategies.
- Expert in risk assessment, procurement contracting provisions and contracting processes and how to leverage optimal outcomes with long-term best value results
- Expert negotiator with demonstrated ability to develop and execute/lead negotiations that generate economic value and reduce business and legal risk Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Depending on specific assignments and/or focus -- in depth knowledge or understanding of the utilities industry operations, large construction, information technology, or other enterprise initiatives.
- Strong ability to influence effectively tailoring messages to a wide variety of internal and external audiences to generate broad understanding and support
- Knowledge and understanding of the operations, needs and preferences of a designated customer group (e.g., Delivery, Generation, etc.) desired
- Skilled multi-tasker able to prioritize, address and advance multiple sourcing events and issues concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Legal or other business related field is required. A Master s degree or advanced certification (e.g., CPM, CPSM, CPSC, PMP) is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively increasing responsibility in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or Business Operations.
Experience in energy, utilities, manufacturing or construction industry would be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to execute multiple complex, high-dollar, high-visibility, high risk, mission critical or other highly significant sourcing and contracting events concurrently in a matrix organization.
- Advanced financial and analytical skills, oral and written communication, interpersonal and influence skills and experience in enhancing value through negotiations.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and PowerPoint; working knowledge of PeopleSoft or other Supply Chain Management/ERP software.
Ideal candidate will have experience with construction service contracts. Experience with small to large construction projects, including construction materials. This is a hands on position providing individual contribution.