Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
The position of Material Mgmt. is within the GEMTE Field Execution Organization and reports to the Construction Site Manager. Key responsibilities of this position are: a) to oversight of field material receiving, and b) be the single point of contact for site material receiving and interface with all parts of the project team.
The specialist will be located in Chandler, AZ at the construction site.
The position requires at a minimum:
• Preferred some experience in construction field activities from both office support and direct involvement in the field.
• competent and demonstrated computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SPMat).
• experience supporting a project engineer or in a project support role is a plus.
• Strong and demonstrated experience in managing and controlling schedules, deliveries and site logistics.
• good communication skills on a professional level and ability to interact with individuals in the field (construction superintendents, trucking firms, salesmen, delivery, procurement, logistics personnel)
Site Material Control duties.
The specialist is responsible for managing, maintaining, and driving the Site Material Control Work Process, which includes Material Receipt Reports, and Material Issue Reports for the site, ensuring ontime and accurate material management, material tracking, eliminating overage, shortage, and damage.
Specific Job Duties of this position include both roles of material receiving and document control and include:
• Material Delivery – Thoroughly understand the forecast of material scheduled for delivery, the material presently being delivered, and material already delivered.
• Off Loading – Coordinate off-loading sequence of equipment and materials, in alignment with Site Construction Superintendent and the Contractors.
• Receiving Documentation – Precise and well-organized receiving documentation is required. All material received at the jobsite must be documented via SPMat or other approved system.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A1991.