We are seeking to hire a Cyber Security Consultant in Minneapolis. This role is responsible for leading the execution of how General Mills appropriately protects employee/consumer data from cyber-attack, including how this data is internally secured, and will ensure associated privacy directives are being implemented accordingly. This will be accomplished by partnering across D&T, Law, Business Security Managers, and key business partners to identify risks to employee/consumer data, and working across those teams to provide and implement mitigation recommendations, in accordance with General Mills overall Data Protection and Privacy Management strategy. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES Consumer/Employee Data Protection Execution (50%)
Privacy Management (40%)
- Represent the Data Protection pillar within Data Governance processes for Employee/Consumer Data
- Regularly meet with relevant stakeholders to provide tactical direction in the development and execution of data management plans
- Communicate plans to protect consumer data to peers across Business Security Managers, Digital Core, Solution Development, Data Management Plan owners, DD&A, and Cyber Security
Partnerships and Benchmarking (10%)
- Apply an established universal level of privacy governance across all employee/consumer data types, and ensure this governance is both reasonable and actionable
- Provide feedback on compliance of legal directives to D&T Leadership, Law, and Human Resources via the overall Data Protection and Privacy Management lead, identifying areas of concern and developing corrective action plans
- Stay up-to-date on emerging consumer or employee-oriented privacy laws, as well as changes to existing privacy laws, and be prepared to provide an impact assessment of those changes to relevant stakeholders
- Co-develop and execute a communication protocol with Law and Corporate Communications to ensure relevant stakeholders are aware of existing and emerging changes to consumer or employee-oriented privacy laws
- Partner with the Data Privacy team on the implementation of privacy directives across our technology landscape, as it pertains to employee or consumer information
- Maintain existing and develops new contacts within the candidate's professional network of cyber security peers and leading security consultants/vendors.
- Continuously develops knowledge of evolving best practices and trends through peer benchmarking, industry events/associations, and educational opportunities.
- Share knowledge and trends within the Cyber Security team to improve General Mills' cyber security awareness.
COMPETENCIES/BEHAVIORS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
- Bachelor's degree + 5 yrs related experience
- Knowledge of privacy laws and the relationship they have with cyber security and IT
- Successful track record of positively influencing stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience establishing strong working relationships with business partners.
- A working knowledge of cyber security, cyber security technology, risk assessment and management.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries, and influence others.
- Ability to define and manage internal projects and milestones and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present risk information to all levels of an organization.
- Understands how corporations operate in the global economy and is familiar with operational risk concerns for international businesses.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present to a wide range of audiences (senior leadership executive summaries to global updates).
- Comfortable shifting priorities and simultaneously engaging in and managing multiple projects.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems especially where there is ambiguity.
- Ability to influence through relationship building and executive presence.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaboratively in a team environment.
- Discretion, integrity, and independent sound judgment in both designing and implementing processes.
- Strong analytic skills with a penchant for metrics.
- Masters Degree
- Preferred major area of study: Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), and/or public sector equivalent
- 7+ yrs of related experience
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what's next.