The Consultant I performs ongoing client support for complex technical performance issues and develops recommendations to ensure adherence to service level agreements and customer service excellence. The Consultant I may specialize in a particular discipline and continues to develop a platform of technical expertise. For this role, we are seeking a Consultant with strong Splunk knowledge and experience.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage complex technical questions and ticket escalations and monitor system performance
- Identify and make recommendations on technical deficiencies, service performance issues, product utilization, bugs, and enhancements.
- Recommends process improvement in order to drive efficiencies and reduction of the average troubleshooting time.
- Develop customized reports and presentations, and provide technical knowledge transfer and analysis to clients on performance status, trends, and metrics.
- Perform ongoing analysis and system testing of new system releases, upgrades, and/or patches to supported technologies.
- Monitor the ticket queue, as necessary
- Attend training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtain industry related certifications as determined by the Manager
- Mentor junior-level analysts and serve as escalation point for their technical related issues.
- Develop best practices, strategies, methodologies, documentation and templates suitable for use by other Consultants and Analysts
Data Privacy & Security
- Security is every employee s responsibility, if you are aware of security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
MINIMUM AND/OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or 3-year diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or a Technology related field, plus one of the following combinations of certifications and experience
- Holds technical certifications for at least four (4) technologies for which Sirius provides managed security services* and
- Has at least three (3) years of IT Support experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in a security operations center
- Holds technical certifications for at least three (3) technologies for which Sirius provides managed security services* and
- Has at least four (4) years of IT Support experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in security operations center
- Holds technical certifications for at least two (2) technologies for which Sirius provides managed security services* and
- Has at least 6 years of IT Support experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in security operations center
* Managed Security Services certifications: Check Point: CCSA, CCSE: Cisco; CCNA-Security, CCNP Security, CCIE Security; Blue Coat: BCCPA, BCCPE; Palo Alto: ACE, PCNSE; QRadar, SANS GCIA, GCIH, QRadar CSC, Splunk, LogRhythm, or similar technology certifications
- Direct system engineering or support experience involving hardware, software and services at an enterprise level for at least one product lines in the designated practice
- Direct involvement in working with internal and external teams to implement and troubleshoot complex configuration hardware, software and services.
- Direct experience presenting ideas and solutions to clients and adapting presentation style to fit particular client situations.
- Broad knowledge of company products and services, testing methodology, and system troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge within area of specialization and continues to develop and expand technical skills.
- Ability to investigate complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors from multiple IT infrastructure systems.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team, consulting environment.
- Proven ability to select resolutions and techniques that meet technical requirements within the context of best practices and make recommendations to achieve targeted objectives.
- Proven ability to achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements.
- Communicates in clear, concise and crisp messages to a variety of audiences that instigate appropriate actions
- Effectively presents in a variety of formal and informal settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences engagement
- Manages time to focus on priorities and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Establishes a collaborative approach to problem solving ensuring that solutions generated by the team are tested and proven
- Proactively steps into team leadership roles and empowers others to increase contribution and level of responsibility
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
- Resourceful working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver client support services
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Uses latitude for independent judgment. Mentors less-experienced peers.
- Ability to travel 5-10% in the US and Canada.
- Provide 24x7 support coverage and work on weekends and STAT Holidays.
- General Office Activities
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements.