The Product Manager defines, develops, tracks, and maintains new and innovative products. The Product Manager performs market research to understand customer demands, competitive landscape, future trends, and product requirements. The Product Manager is a key member of a multidisciplinary team to jointly develop products that are focused on delivering a robust, reliable, and marketable products. The Product Manager provides content to create strategic business plans, drives product management processes to optimize product definition and maximizes the value of products to Virtustream's business and profitability. The Product Manager creates "first, best content" which describes and communicates product vision and product direction for customers, analysts, and internal Virtustream audiences. The Product Manager formulates tactics to support the growth associated with our products and understands the competitive ecosystem inclusive of products, services and cloud providers. The Product Manager will drive innovative and engineering-focused delivery into the self-service cloud offerings being brought to market.
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
- Works directly with customers to understand their problems and requirements
- Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions
- Gather and synthesize requirements to define compelling products.
- Validate requirements and resulting product features with customers to ensure success.
- Structure an effective program to ensure product success
- Works alongside technical team members as part of the agile development cycles and represents the voice of the customer
- Manages the product backlog (grooming, prioritization, and refinement) and work day-to-day with the product teams to clarify requirements and accept final user stories
- Communicate, influence, and work with Senior Executives to ensure alignment with the roadmap, strategy, and specific product plans and implementation
- Makes decisions, shapes and/or champions new direction for the product line. Supports the Business Line of strategic planning. Prepares and presents the strategic business plan supporting a particular product and/or product line to any audience, including executives and customers
- Utilizes the customer experience team to bring customers and prospects close to the product and enable direct feedback through pilot customers, beta programs and customer roundtables
- Analyzes, identifies and qualifies opportunities for new product, service & solution features and functions in support of competitive product positioning
- Leverages product/market knowledge to assist cross-functional groups including Product Marketing and field personnel with training content. Development of “first, best content”
- Supports senior staff with research, development, and presentation of new product concepts to gain timely management approval and handling of issues for product feature/function set
- Supports the development and implementation of the company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute. Tracks and analyzes product expense and cost. Provides customer interaction and support (e.g. executive briefing center, problem escalation). Analyzes product cost against revenue forecast and actuals
- 7+ years recent SAP Product Management experience
- Strong technical aptitude with Hadoop, SAP, SAP HANA, SAP BW, SAP Data Warehouse, Spark/SAP Vora, SAP Sybase
- Data ingestion technologies-Smart Data Access, SDI, NLS, etc.
- Proficient with software development patterns and infrastructure components
- Knowledge and experience working within the Healthcare vertical. Strong technical knowledge of healthcare applications and supporting technologies
- Proven experience in customer development, product definition, feature scoping, and balancing tradeoffs for industry-leading business software products
- Data Center/IT Infrastructure experience
- Experience in cloud computing with Public/Private/Multi Cloud
- Must possess strong communications and negotiation skills with an innovative approach
- Problem solving skills and the ability to influence others to achieve results
- Education Required: Bachelors (Technical), Advanced degrees are a preference
- Experience with creating/managing/delivering IaaS/SAAS/Cloud products is a strong plus
- Knowledge of VMWare (EMC storage and data protection products a strong plus)
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.