Must be Covid Vaccinated
Heavy Focus on Openshift design implement and operates. You will be skilled in automation, container services. You will be responsible for assessing, selecting, developing, customizing, and integrating tools and technologies in support of the Product Manager’s roadmap for the service.
- Design, implement and operate automated, container services platform with a focus on application concerns, including migrating workloads to containers, containerizing development workflows, high availability, networking policy, service routing, observability, integrating with shared enterprise services, integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines, and platform security
- Design and implement API’s and other tooling as required to enable consumption of containerized computing resources as a secure, reliable, and highly automated service consumable by business focused development resources.
- When necessary, participate in technical troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
- Develop methodology and tooling as required in support of observability of applications and the platforms to support efforts such as capacity planning, workload placement and balancing, chargeback, etc.
- Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling, and cybersecurity services as required in support of container platform service requirements.
- Two years of experience building and maintaining Kubernetes cluster deployments with a preference for experience with vendor supported variants such as VMware PKS/TKGI and IBM/Redhat OpenShift.
- Hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one IaaS provider (Azure, Amazon, Google Cloud Platform).
- Three years of experience building and supporting distributed computing environments.
- Robust proficiency in Linux and/or Windows systems.
- Demonstrated competency in a programming/scripting language, with a strong preference for Go experience.
- Experience designing and implementing infrastructure automation API’s using interface definition tools like Swagger.
- Strong understanding of virtual computing environments and concepts such as hypervisors, virtual switches, vCPU, and load balancing concepts.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network concepts including bridging, switching, routing & DNS.
- Experience working with one or more CNI provider implementations.
- Demonstrated understanding, and preferably hands-on experience, with APIM Gateways such as Apigee or Kong.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and preferably hands-on experience, with identity and access management standards such a SAML, OAuth 2.0 and OIDC.
- Strong understanding of continuous integration concepts and tooling, preferably with hands on experience designing or implementing portions of CI/CD pipelines, and integrating such pipelines with source code and container image scans etc.
- Experience designing and implementing containerized infrastructure logging and observability technologies, such as Splunk, Fluentd/Fluentbit, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cybersecurity threats and mitigating controls.
- Demonstrated understanding of Public Key Infrastructure. Experience with cert-manager on Kubernetes is a plus.
- Strong understanding of and/or actual hands-on experience deploying and managing a service mesh such as Linkerd or Istio.
- Understanding of the importance of securing the software supply chain, experience implementing automation in this space is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.