Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Containerization Consultant
for a contract
assignment with one of our premier financial services clients in Irving, TX or FT Lauderdale, FL
- Responsible for assisting a variety of engineering activities including the evaluation, design, product certification, deployment of hardware, software, and/or technology solutions in coordination with the operations and internal customers teams.
- The support includes the certification and ongoing support for tools used by our client organizations, to support their mission on an ongoing basis.
- As an individual contributor, you will be assisting the lead engineers ensuring the tools remain secure and compliant.
- You will serve as a secondary technical subject matter expert for the engineering team.
- Your support to the certification work and recommendations will play an important part in maturing firm's security posture.
- This position will be technically challenging and rewarding, while also provide ample opportunity to gain expertise in cutting edge tools and techniques.
- Assists in testing, evaluating, and certifying, according to corporate standards, the assigned Vulnerability Management tools supported by the team.
- Assists Writing documentation such as Standard Builds, Releases, Architecture diagrams, and requirements documentation making them available on tools such as Confluence
- Explores new automation tools and technologies, always keeping the future at the forefront of all activities and decisions as requested.
- Assists in maintaining all currently supported tools compliant and properly certified.
- Effectively handles issues and escalations, as well as resolve production problems, reporting to management on status and technical matters
- Assists reviewing requirement documents, define software/hardware/tools requirements and update processes and procedures as necessary
- Assist the team to ensure ongoing compliance with audit and regulatory requirements for financial sector
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Methodical, attention to detail
- Passion for working with new technologies and a strong desire to always be looking for better solutions to problems
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities, to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- 3+ years working experience with Container Orchestration platforms, preferably RedHat OpenShift Enterprise.
- 3+ years' experience building and/or supporting containerized applications via RedHat ECS.
- Experience supporting operating systems platforms/appliances running on CentOS or RedHat Linux; also, including supporting Linux systems hosted in a cloud environment (such as OpenShift, VMWare).
- Proficient in basic scripting and automation of tasks (e.g., Ansible, Python, bash, etc.).
- 3+ years' experience working with Vulnerability scanning tools, such as Nessus, Qualys or Rapid7.supporting tools and performing certification workflows and processes; with particular interest in tools appropriate for Penetration testing teams.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols, networking, and routing to understand network connectivity.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with technologies such as Windows, Unix/Linux, Middleware, Database, Network, Storage is a plus
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Religion, National Origin, Disability, Veteran Status, Age, Marital Status, Pregnancy, Genetic Information, or Other Legally Protected Status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com