** Local candidates preferred **
Red Oak Technology is seeking Content Developer/Technical Writer for our client located in Lafayette, CO for a Full Time/Direct hire position.
- Analyze, plan, develop and deliver technical documentation, video and web projects for a wide range of software applications
- Determine and deliver content format the most suitable for the target persona (document, video, web, etc.)
- Own the entire documentation pipeline, including planning, content design, writing, editing, testing, and deployment
- Translate SME information and product capabilities into clear, effective content that target personas can use with ease and delight
- Collaborate with designers, developers, product managers, and key stakeholders to oversee the user experience from feature conception until launch
- Incorporate analytics and feedback into application content, interpret the collected feedback to optimize the product learning experience
- Help improve processes, methods and tools for how content is created, delivered, and maintained.
- Work with remote and local teams to meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Communication, UX Writing, Computer Science, Information Design, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 6-10 years experiences documenting enterprise software products.
- Previous experience with one of the following: Online Help, API documentation, video
- Experience with external end user content development such as SaaS product content.
- Strength in driving a project forward.
- Solid experience working with different content design strategies.
- Ability to write to a highly technical and specialized audience using industry concepts and terms.
- Experience in authoring topic-based help and single-sourcing.
- Direct experience with Madcap Flare.
- Experience using and documenting databases and related topics.
- Experience creating online tutorials using WalkMe or related tools a plus.
- Experience documenting APIs, use of Swagger, and knowledge in YAML a plus.
- Experience with Jira and Agile processes is a plus.
- Experience in instructional video creation using tools such as Camtasia and Captivate is a plus.