Content Lead Location: Any Major City WHY YOU'LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are and have empowered our staggering growth to become the #1 leader in sales engagement software.
SalesLoft helps brands deliver value and create trust by connecting authentically and meaningfully with their customers. Thousands of customers depend on SalesLoft's category-leading sales engagement platform to engage in more relevant, authentic and sincere ways.
Since our founding in 2011, we have grown into a global, award-winning organization with Lofters based all over the world. As a testament to our organizational health, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020, twice by Deloitte as a 'Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,' featured by The New York Times as a start-up on a path to a $1B valuation, and have been recognized as a top workplace by Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, and Inc Magazine .
We're redefining an age-old industry! This is challenging work - but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We're fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Check us out on Glassdoor and see what people LOVE about working for SalesLoft! THE OPPORTUNITY:
At SalesLoft, the Content Lead
will be pivotal to our company's success. You'll report to the Director of Brand, Content, Creative & Social and be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing marketing team. You'll work closely with our Communications, Demand Generation, and Product Marketing teams to develop content across a variety of mediums with a heavy focus on long-form insights-rich content designed to create awareness of Sales Engagement, drive deeper engagement on our website, and power higher-quality lead conversions. WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Content Lead
to work closely with the Director, Content & Web Strategy to elevate the quality and volume of thought leadership and demand generation content for our brand. But we're not looking for just any writer. We need that special someone who understands exactly the right words, tone, and feeling to make a meaningful connection with our audience.
You know the stories people need to hear based on where they are in their journeys. You write emotively, connect stories through themes, and know how to tell them through different channels.
You excel at editing other people's writing to make it great and teaching them how to do better the next time. You come up with big ideas and can't wait to try them out.
You look at tasks like posting content on the website, coordinating project details, managing your own tasks and deliverables, and hitting your deadlines as just part of the job.
You should join us if you're not just a writer, you're a storyteller. You're not just an editor, you're a teacher. And your content is as witty as you are! On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work with Director of Content & Web Strategy to develop an editorial calendar and manage the editorial calendar to ensure timely publication and coordination of content themes across various distribution channels
- Serve as head content writer and drive our content evolution and optimization
- Edit and proofread all content for consistent application of brand tone and voice, grammar, and style.
- Manage relationships with freelance writers.
- Work closely with the Content Marketing Manager to effectively prioritize the production of content.
- Conceive and write content in a variety of long-form and multi-media formats such ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, video, and conversion-focused SEO-optimized blog posts
- Concept new content and multimedia assets for demand gen (e.g., online calculators, sales engagement readiness assessments, etc.)
- Post, manage, and update content on company website
- Work with SEO consultants to ensure content is optimized
- Develop a deep understanding of SalesLoft market areas and customer/prospect personas working closely with product marketing
- Cultivate, nurture, and leverage SME relationships to create bylined thought leadership content (Q&As, blogs, videos)
- Identify gaps and opportunities in thought leadership content and make recommendations accordingly
- Conduct content audits and review and update published content as needed
- Proofread and edit written pieces before publication
- Mentor junior colleagues and content creators
- Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics
- Manage multiple content-related tasks/projects and communicate daily and/or weekly
The SalesLoft's Marketing team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming marketing pros who are results-oriented, self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate about evangelizing SalesLoft. We are aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision : Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission : Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
And we share several core values - Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full. THE SKILL SET:
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of B2B communications or multi-media production experience, SaaS experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage and provide direction to other writers
- Strong written communication skills; background in journalism a plus
- Experience writing in a variety of mediums, including short- and long-form content (web content, video, social posts, emails, ebooks, white papers, blogs, magazine articles)
- Likes the challenge of taking on complex subjects and translating into easily digestible, understandable messages and content
- Thrives in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to manage cross-departmental communications at all levels of the company
- Comfortable navigating an organization to develop relationships with SMEs, identify compelling story ideas and understand business markets to better position content
- Familiar with web content management systems (WordPress or similar) and analytics tools (Google Analytics) to produce marketing content and measure its performance
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at one time
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Attend SalesLoft's New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our "Lofters" unique
- Meet with others on the marketing team and begin developing an understanding of how we collaborate
- Meet with key leaders across the business to understand their priorities and interdependencies with content
- Begin 1:1's with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Develop firm grasp on our user personas, use cases, tone and voice, and brand standards
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Have a clear success metrics indicator and understand how you will contribute to our Marketing strategies and success
- Be writing in support of programs for demand generation and brand experience/events
- Share your projects consistently via an editorial calendar
- Understand and consistently execute on the voice and tone of the brand.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Have developed a variety of compelling written materials: eBooks, blog posts, case studies, web pages, and product messaging
- Analyze the performance of content across platforms and recommend data-driven actions and adjust as needed
- Continue to focus on your OKRs
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- Be considered a top-performing member of the marketing team by effectively executing on a successful content strategy
- Have an opinion about ways to continue to innovate in the area of Communications... and beyond!
- Set an example for new marketers, and assist in training, onboarding, and motivating new Lofters
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear "Yes, let's do that!" and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
SalesLoft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.