First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The primary duty of the BA will be to partner with the Business (Private Wealth Management), PMO and IS personnel to elicit and manage business requirements, document current state processes, design target state processes, document data mapping, guide testing activities, and facilitate change management and adoption. Identify and produce required reporting and data analytics in support of the timely execution of the project.
The Business Analyst will assist in the Product Owner role in the Agile SDLC and the traditional Business Analyst role in the Waterfall SLDC. The candidate will work with business managers and Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to identify, prioritize, and implement solutions to improve efficiency, reduce risk, and support new business. The ideal candidate will be able to evaluate a concern, understand and cultivate the solution domain, document a recommended solution, liaise with all business and technical counterparts throughout implementation, create test scripts and coordinate testing effort with SME's and QA, and guide the enhancement effort through to completion.
* BPM Integration Software Design and Implementation required
* Describing the current state (As-Is) business process architecture required
* Analyze gaps between the "As-Is" and "To-Be" business process architectures required
* Strong knowledge and experience with a BPM tool (e.g. Appian, Pega, Lombardi, etc.) or experience with additional process modeling / analysis tools required
* Solution development/support experience with Appian desired
* Experience with process methodology, frameworks, development methodologies (Agile, SDLC, Iterative) required
* Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills and system integration skills preferred
* Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture concepts and design patterns required
* Able to identify and consider business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment required
* Provide project support by documenting business requirements:
* Identify business needs
* Analyze workflows and existing processes/systems
* Perform business analysis such as documenting business requirements, create use-cases and functional specifications and spearhead the effort required to develop those documents
* Document assumptions, dependencies, issues, and risks
* Groom user stories based upon requirements
* Inform and support QA effort
* Plan and Execute User Acceptance Testing process
* Represent the Department by serving as a key contact for the business unit, with technical vendor(s), and other Subject Matter Experts on the project team
* Support Project Manager(s) with creating and maintaining key project artifacts
* Develop data reports, extracts, and analyses:
* Support data mapping efforts
* Support ad-hoc requests
* Intermediate to advanced skill level and working knowledge of Excel
* Intermediate skill level with PowerPoint
* Manipulate data utilizing CSV, and Excel formats, utilizing pivot tables and other excel functions
* Assist management to evaluate vendor data that may require mapping
* Assist in creating mapping documentation from vendor files into the company's system of record
* Develop workflow models
* Testing lead:
* Document needed testing for all scope items.
* Support bug analysis and classification.
* Work with testers and/or coordinate reporting of identified issues and document/report retesting results.
* Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities or as assigned by supervisor.
* Support Product Roadmap and Implementation:
* Understand, contribute to, and evangelize product roadmap and vision
* Assist with parsing strategic vision into achievable functional and technical milestones
* Conduct on-going analysis to refine and iterate upcoming milestones
* Liaise with business and IS colleagues to create cohesive implementation plan and logical target state
* Create training material and user guides for end-user community
* Develop training plans and lead 1:1 and large format training
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.