First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The Business Analyst will provide support to Project Managers in coordinating and/or executing project tasks, producing project documentation and communicating with business partners. The position serves as a liaison and requires the ability to build and maintain effective working partnerships with various partners.
The primary duty of the Business Analyst will be to partner with Business and PMO personnel to generate business requirements, create test planning, test scripts and execution of the test plan. Perform and identify any needed reporting and data analytics in support of the timely execution of the project. The candidate will to work with business managers and Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to identify, prioritize, and implement solutions to improve efficiency, reduce risk, and support new business. The ideal candidate will be able to evaluate a concern, document a recommended solution, create test scripts, coordinate testing effort with SME's and QA, and guide the enhancement effort through to completion. These solutions may include process changes, technology enhancements, and close coordination with vendors. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter requiring minimal oversight, be results-oriented and have a strong sense of teamwork
* Work with business partners to identify data reporting, systems or processing improvements.
* Provide project support by documenting business requirements.
* Identify business needs.
* Analyze workflows and existing processes/systems.
* Perform business analysis such as documenting business requirements, create use-cases and functional specifications and spearhead the effort required to develop those documents.
* Document assumptions, dependencies, issues, and risks.
* Design, execute, and document application testing.
* Document results for communication to affected areas.
* Represent the Department by serving as a key contact for the business unit, technical vendor(s), and other Subject Matter Experts on the project team.
* Develop data reports, extracts, and analyses:
* Support ad-hoc requests
* Create reusable/refreshable queries using MS Excel, MS Access, or MS Query
* Develop moderately-complex queries requiring data transformation and normalization.
* The ability to manipulate Excel, CSV, and other types of data.
Support prioritization of work requests:
* Identify business partner urgent and long-term needs.
* Advocate for business partners during prioritization processes.
* Maintain up-to-date priority and planning decisions in department tracking application.
* Work with the project team to document needed testing for all scope items
* Create test scripts for all process and system enhancements.
* Work with testers to coordinate reporting of identified issues and document/report retesting results
* Coordinate testing efforts with QA
* Work with the vendor to report testing results, and coordinate retesting as needed once new code is put into place.
Marketing software implementation experience (CRM, marketing analytics, MRM, etc)
Development experience (familiarity with wireframing, UX and database design at a project management level)
7-10 years marketing experience
Ability to manage a multi-stage digital transformation project
Responsible for the overall technical implementation of marketing systems
Guide stakeholders on best practices for long term technical success
Assist in creating mapping documentation from vendor files into the company's system of record.
Assist management to evaluate vendor data that may require mapping of vendor pricing data
Manipulate data utilizing CSV, and Excel formats, utilizing pivot tables and other excel
Recommend solution options with clear and concise language appropriate for each audience
Provide regular, clear, and concise status updates to business partners and management
Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities or as assigned by supervisor.
Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
* Provides extraordinary service
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
* Proactive individual able to operate efficiently in a fast paced environment.
* Creative and critical thinking skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated skills in organization and strong attention to detail.
* Proven track record of the ability to identify and interpret business needs.
* Quick learner and ability to manage multiple priorities
* Strong attention to detail
* Deadline Oriented
* Able to deal with ambiguous situations
* Ability to work some evenings and weekends
* Ability to scale the complexity of the business communications based on the level of understanding of the target audience.
* Proven ability to articulate complex application requirements and functionality, as well as complex business objectives with various business units.
* Self-directed, adaptable, flexible, detail-oriented, with a professional upbeat attitude making interaction with senior staff and stakeholders productive and efficient.
* Can summarize meeting discussions, capture relevant details, implement and track next steps.
* Identifies and documents system and/or process deficiencies and recommends solutions.
* Excellent and highly reliable communication, deadline-awareness and problem solving skills.
* Ability to create reports and complete moderately-complex analyses in MS Excel and MS Access.
* Ability to manipulate other file types such as CSV, into a workable format for use.
* Working knowledge of MS Word / MS Outlook / MS Visio / MS PowerPoint
* A working knowledge of Account Analysis is highly desired
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.