First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
As part of the Information Services team, the Wealth Management Technology Team drives the vision to create an industry leading, client-centric wealth technology experience. The team is looking for forward thinking, action oriented individuals to help drive the implementation of innovative, cutting-edge solutions.
The Data Analyst works with subject matter experts from the project team to: determine data requirements, create functional specifications, craft detailed data flow design documents, and participates in the full development process life-cycle from concept, through testing, to implementation. This includes identifying necessary data, reconciling with the new application and the legacy data sources and ensuring a successful implementation. This will include communicating business term definition, establishing data quality rules, writing and execute data quality checks, researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process and workflow knowledge and user acceptance testing.
* Collaborate with Project Manager, business partners and teammates to jointly identify data needs required to meet project objectives
* Establish best practices, process and procedures to ensure quality results benefiting all aspects of the business.
* Manage and maintain process for ad hoc data requests: Intake, Prioritization and Delivery.
* Research data issues reported to the System Support team and provide clear updates and resolution.
* Partner with leaders and peers in cross bank divisions to coordinate data governance
* Communicate standard calculation logic and business term definition
* Reconcile source data with data at vendor to support transition to PWM Data Warehouse
* Provide Technical specs to Development Team such that ETLs can be built to spec
* Work closely with vendors to debug data issues
* Communicate results and insights with project teams and stakeholders (e.g., through live presentations and ongoing analysis/reports)
Experience & Education:
* BA or BS in Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering required
* 3+ years of relevant experience in data analysis and/or data management
* 3+ years of relevant work experience with background in wealth management and/or client reporting/portal
* Experience working with Agile and/or Scrum methodologies preferred
* Experience working with Financial data systems preferred
* Experience working with software developers to implement robust interfaces between proprietary and non-proprietary systems
* Expert in writing SQL
* Excellent attention to detail and experience debugging code
* Experienced in data modeling techniques
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills - ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights and apply them to the business
* Knowledge of Private Wealth Management/Investment Management - with ability to interpret definitions and calculations from business language to developer logic
* Knowledgeable of complex data models and software integration/delivery
* Focus on development/ improvement of data to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
* Excellent communication skills, including ability to present effectively to both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization
* Strong orientation to clients, including demonstrated ability to understand needs and apply this knowledge to drive data enhancements
* Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making
* Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future; understands how the Bank works, competes, serves clients, and generates shareholder value
* Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings
* Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done
* Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration
* Wealth Management/Investment Management data experience - Required
* SQL - Required
* Excel - Required
* Data Modeling Principles - Required
* TFS/JIRA or other issue tracking application preferred
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.