First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
Under the general direction of the PWM Program Director, the Project Manager role manages Corporate Projects and/or small-to-medium Department Projects within the realm of Private Wealth Management. This role is to manage the Workflow Automation Program which leverages Appian as its primary technology platform but also encompasses business workstreams and impacts. The individual specializes in working within an Agile environment, is extremely adaptable and has the ability to manage multiple highly complex workstreams/teams. The role requires a high level of collaboration to define scope, requirements, project governance, design, testing, timeline, and budget. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved. The position may lead/and or direct the work of others.
Line of Business-Specific Requirements: Candidates for this role must have extensive experience working within an investments/wealth organization and display a deep understanding and appreciation for the complexities of account opening across a number of registration types. Experience with discretionary portfolio management and/or brokerage providers is essential. 6+ years as a project manager is essential for this role. Candidates with less experience will not be considered.
Candidates must have experience leading highly visible projects across several lines of business. Experience navigating and communicating vertically (from executive-level to technical/detailed level) is critical. Optimal candidates will have a proven track record for delivering on complex initiatives within a challenging environment. This individual must possess a superior ability to peer around the corner for developing issues that jeopardize scope, timeline, risk, and/or budget within each project and between projects in the wealth management portfolio.
Project reporting, governance and transparency is also essential and must be demonstrated through previous projects and success. Attention to detail and an ability to convey relevant information at summary and detailed levels is a key factor to success in this role.
* Serves as lead project manager on Corporate Projects and/or small-to-medium inter-related programs; defines, develops and manages all aspects of project planning including scope, budget, financial forecasting and scheduling and required project control point documents.
* May be required to work in a variety of roles as a component of the Program/Project lead role; developing business requirements, process flows, use cases, test plans and other workstream related activities and artifacts.
* Leads and manages all aspects of project planning within and across related projects including scope, budget, financial forecasting, and scheduling.
* Facilitates impact analyses of current/existing technologies.
* May contribute and/or lead vendor relationship management for project-related vendors and coordinates initial contracts, contract renewals, and addenda to contracts with key project vendors.
* Keeps project governance up to date and reports on projects as per PWM PMO standards and contributes to their incremental improvement.
* Supports management in data gathering for regulatory and third party reviews.
* Monitors project and/or program execution and escalates project risks and issues as necessary.
* Maintains project and/or program website and database, and issue and risk tracking logs.
* Documents project decisions and project meetings.
* Maintains a flexible work schedule.
* Perform other project related duties when assigned.
* Proven success in running projects across different SDLC types is essential - agile (scrum, Kanban) and waterfall included.
* Any proven experience with offshore development/QA teams should be highlighted.
Areas of proven understanding and competency include:
* Account Opening
* Process flow definition and optimization
* Process tracking and metrics monitoring
* Business Process development
* Client paperwork improvement/streamlining
* Custodian integration
* Account funding
* Account Types
* Investment management process
* Account Opening & Maintenance
* Portfolio Management & Trading
* Operations & Settlement
* Complexities and nuances of major investment vehicles
* Stocks & bonds
* Mutual funds & ETFs
* Separate accounts
* Alternative investments, real assets, commodities & options
* Investments-specific tools, tasks and functions
* Business process management
* Proposal generation
* Portfolio construction & product selection
* Portfolio analysis & optimization
* Aggregated reporting
* Corporate Actions
* Asset Classification management & Security Master File management
* Requires demonstrated success in business process management - Appian is preferred
* Four year degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
* MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
* Formal training in project or program management and/or certification required.
* Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
* Six or more years of project/program management experience and demonstrated success.
* Five or more years of experience that demonstrates an indepth understanding of IT and Private Wealth Management or Financial Services systems and operations.
* Requires advanced knowledge of project and program management principles.
* Recognized as a subject matter expert within his or her specified field of expertise.
* Demonstrated ability to execute complex projects within budget and on time.
* Requires expertise in MS Office, MS Visio, and MS Project.
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships at all levels of the enterprise including external vendors.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.