First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The Technical Project Manager will lead technology security, infrastructure, and software deployment efforts. He/she will manage key initiatives within IT in support of critical security-related initiatives for the Bank. The individual must be extremely adaptable, independent contributor, and provide overall quality control to the project. Experience in leading technology solutions is required with a firm understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies. The role collaborates to define scope, requirements, project governance, design, testing, timeline, and budget, and adheres to company PMO standards. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved. The position may lead/and or direct the work of others.
Serves as the project manager for technology security, infrastructure, and software deployment initiatives.
* Defines, leads, and manages all aspects of the project, scope, budget, financial forecasting, scheduling, resources, and quality control of work products following company's PMO standards and governance guidelines and project management best practices.
* Develops and implements templates and standards for project deliverables and work products.
* Documents meeting minutes and decisions, and tracks and manages project risks and issues.
* Creates and presents status reports and executive dashboards on project progress and issues.
* Facilitates impact analyses of current/existing technologies on the program.
* May contribute and/or lead vendor relationship management for project-related vendors; supports enterprise vendor management standards and coordinates initial contracts, contract renewals, and addenda to contracts with key project vendors.
* Supports management in data gathering for regulatory and third party reviews.
* Complies with the Bank's policies and enterprise project management standards.
* Monitors project and/or program execution and escalates project issues as necessary.
* Maintains project and/or program website and database, and issue and risk tracking logs.
* Maintains a flexible work schedule
* Perform other duties when assigned
Must have a bachelor's degree or higher
Must have PMP certification
CISSP certification desirable
10+ years of project management experience and demonstrated success
Formal training in project or program management
Demonstrated ability to execute complex projects within budget and on time
Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, team building, mentoring, and communication (written and verbal) skills
Ability to communicate concisely and briefly
Previous experience in:
Information technology and information systems
IT security and infrastructure projects
Advanced in MS Office, MS Visio, and MS Project
Ability to build relationships at all levels of the enterprise and with external vendors
Ability to work independently and with minimum direction
Ability to multi-task and respond to with multiple priorities.
Strong understanding of Agile and Waterfall
The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.