Position is responsible to oversee and maintain our automated testing platform including performance, stability and uptime. Automated testing at our client comprises of automated unit test cases to be run upon continuous integration and integration test cases that will included but not be limited to UI testing and Load testing.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing.
- Develop scalable and reliable automated tests and frameworks for testing Web User Interfaces and Rest APIs
- Design, create, modify, and execute test plans and tests for software validation at both system and user level and drive to improve software QE processes and methodologies.
- Designing, writing, implementing, and maintaining acceptance and regression tests
- Execute automated testing scripts for regression and project testing in development, test, project, and production environments
- Meticulously extending the continuous integration pipeline
- Working with the development and customer-facing teams to address pressing technical issues with a mindset of constant product improvements
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Interface with continuous integration chapter to develop and evolved automation standards
- Improving QE efficiency by building innovative tools and processes to up level product efficiency
- Mentoring other automation engineers on best practices
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- List the minimum formal education, if any, required to perform this job.
Bachelor's degree in computer Science, Engineering, MIS, IS or Bachelors with relevant job experience
- List the minimum experience required to perform this job.
- 6+ years' experience working with programing languages such as Java, Python, C#, Ruby, etc...
- 6 + years of experience with various test automation tools: Selenium, Rest Assured, Web Driver, Silk Test..etc.
- 3-5 years of experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development (TDD) implemented with JUnit, Mock objects, Stubs, Test suites, Test harness web and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) implemented Gherkin, Cucumber.
- Strong experience with relational database concepts, SQL, and procedural languages; object-oriented design; Enterprise, distributed computing and WEB-based computing methods; and design patterns.
- Experience with load test scripts using an industry tool (load runner\performance center, JMeter, etc....). is a plus.
- Experience with Protractor, automation of tests within AngularJS applications.
- List minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job.
- Understanding of different technologies and methodologies including SOA, SDLCs, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Source Control, etc.
- Must understand the concepts of SOAP and REST services as well as both XML and JSON message formats.
- Proficient in writing automated test scripts to verify data structures, data formats and data values.
- Proficient in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automated test execution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses.
- Ability to perform day to day activities with minimal direction.
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize, and handle multiple priorities without compromising on quality.
- Experience with design and development of test frameworks within a greenfield project.
- Experience with Agile testing and development.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience with isolation, mocking and integration testing of microservices.
- Experience working in Amazon Web Services cloud is a plus.