Onsite interview needed
accepting only US Citizens and green card
The overall purpose of this position is to support the design and development of data models, workflow processes and data retrieval services necessary for deploying a new AWS data repository, warehousing and reporting platform for operational, content and usage data that the department is responsible for. The role reports to the Manager, Data Analytics and Search Technologies and has no direct reports. This position works under moderate supervision, but the candidate should be a self-starter with excellent technical and analytical skills and a passion for learning and adopting innovative technologies to support business needs efficiently.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Identify and deploy relevant tools from the AWS and Big Data suites to support data ingestion, transformation, analysis and retrieval use cases.
- Support the data team in optimizing the design, including partitioning, of S3 buckets, EMR Hive and Redshift tables in the new platform, taking into account GDPR PII encryption and right to be forgotten requirements, query performance and coverage of use cases.
- Develop, test and deploy ELT workflows to S3 and EMR tables for log data from web servers, content data from MarkLogic and publishing workflow data from database systems and/or csv or other file.
- Develop, test and deploy workflows to aggregate and move data from EMR to Redshift.
- Develop and deploy backend queries and services to provide data from the platform to Tableau and custom reporting applications.
- Develop and deploy data reporting capability aggregating all available data sources through custom web applications or the Tableau business intelligence portal.
- Bachelor s degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Four years development experience in a commercial or research environment, with two years in data analytics and big data technologies.
- Certifications or training in cloud and big data technologies preferred.