Clover Consulting has a DIRECT client in Detroit, MI in need of a Android Developer. This is a CONTRACT TO HIRE position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Serves as a team leader or technical team member in the planning, designing, developing, implementing, and/or supporting moderately complex new or revised processes, systems, or networks, or segments of a large or complex system (e.g., complex maintenance project). Responsible for the timely completion and quality of assigned deliverables and strives to achieve service level objectives. Develops system specifications, prototypes, and all levels of documentation (e.g., structure charts, screen designs, data flow diagrams, file layouts, report layouts, and job run descriptions) in accordance with IS standards. Assists Security team in the development of appropriate audit controls and procedures to ensure the integrity and protection of company resources. Defines the functional requirements of the system to support business needs.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer, Information Technology or related field
- Strong knowledge in Android Mobile App development.
- Expert in Android Studio, Android App development and having knowledge on ionic hybrid application
Preferred Experience: (the need to have are bolded)
- 7+ years of experience with Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Knowledge in developing Hybrid mobile applications (ionic, cordova, phonegap etc.) will be a plus.
- Must have worked in Agile
Qualified candidates please apply with resume.