USIT is looking for a Contracts Manager (Part-time - 20 hours per week, at least 3 days a week in the office) to join our team in Chantilly, VA, this position is onsite. This role is responsible for conducting all phases of contract and subcontracts administration, including the review of solicitations/RFPs, proposal review, contract negotiations, award administration, subcontract management, and contract closeout. In addition, the administrator will be responsible for staying current on and ensuring internal compliance with federal government contracting regulations, associated federal operating constructs, and acquisition policy changes. The administrator will be required to brief both internal and external customers on contracting-related issues in a credible and professional manner. Senior Contract Administrator will exercise independent judgment and perform analysis of significant issue identification and resolution.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works independently with minimal guidance. Usually, determines own work priorities.
* Advises management on contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of contract terms and conditions.
* Manages contract policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and performance standards for areas of responsibility.
* Provides timely contractual advice on critical areas such as OCI, performance-based acquisition, risk mitigation, and all other areas of concern to the Project, Program and Business Unit Leaders.
* Advises leadership on appropriate activities to resolve performance difficulties.
* Monitors company and subcontractor performance for conformance to the original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations.
* Ensures all contractual provisions are approved and met
* Tracks, collects and provides deliverables as required by a contract.
* Tracks participation by small business partners and responds to Federal Small Business Participation Reporting (SBPR) requirements.
* Responds to all external government requests, disputes and requirements to help resolve disputes between prime and sub -contractors; facilitates contract closeouts; facilitates Termination Proposal activities.
* Recommends resolution of disputes with customers and subcontractors; takes appropriate action on claims of customers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
* Represents the company in Arbitration negotiations.
* Resolves any conflicts such as work delays, changed conditions, excessive expenditures, or effort outside of the scope of work.
* Focal point for all communication with the law for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
* Review invoices to assure invoicing and proposed payments are in accordance with terms of the agreement.
* Directs preparation and distribution of Requests for Information, Quote, Bid or Proposal.
* Coordinate and participate in pre-proposal meetings, site visits and other conferences as needed.
* Performs price or cost analysis as required.
* Represents the company at all post-award Debriefs with clients.
* Author prepare and modifies Master Subcontract Agreements, enforceable Teaming Agreements, and NDA's with partners.
* Prepares and submits Request for Equitable Adjustments (REA) and Termination Proposals as needed.
* Participates in the development of less complex business alliances and partnering agreements.
* Negotiates favorable contract terms and conditions, workshare, exclusivity, flow downs, etc. with partners.
* Negotiates amendments, modifications, and change orders.
* Assists in the development of negotiation strategies.
* Makes executive management aware of any Teaming Agreement that does not provide appropriate work share or swim-lanes to the company.
* Maintains all artifacts associated with solicitations, contracts, agreements, and proposals in an organized.
* Maintains successful relationships with customers and contractors.
* Participates actively in quality and process improvement efforts.
* Emphasizes continuous improvement and best practices.
* Maintains a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to draft and finalize moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments.
* Working knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations.
* Strong to excellent analytical and communication skills.
* Good presentation, leadership and team-building skills. Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to the resolution of contract issues.
* Excellent internal and external negotiation skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
* 7+ years of contracts, subcontracts, and procurement related experience in a Small Business environment.
* Experience with various types of contracts to include: Cost type, fixed price, time & materials.
* Experience overseeing contracts and subcontracts for IDIQ's, Blanket Purchasing Agreements (BPA), GSA Schedules, and other GWACs.
* Experience with the formation and management of Mentor-Prot-g- and Joint Venture arrangements is a plus.
* Prior experience performing in a capacity requiring the Job, Duties, Responsibilities, and Skills as described above.
* Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Clearance
U.S. Information Technologies Corporation (USIT) is a leading provider of Oracle-based information technology solutions. Our national workforce, many of whom are former Oracle professionals, bring extensive credentials to projects needing Oracle database, development tools, and e-Business suite expertise. USIT helps clients solve challenging IT problems by leveraging industry best practices and our in-depth Oracle technology expertise.
Apply for this Position
Send to a Friend