Please note that this is a 1 year position.
Must have 10 years related experience in Electro-Mechanical Contract manufacturing experience, cost modeling, contract/NDA development, negotiation skills, technical background, Cost savings, procurement experience.
Reporting to the Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager, the Strategic Sourcing Manager is accountable for developing, managing and executing cost reduction strategies. As the Advanced Sourcing Manager, he / she will support the integration of the Strategic Sourcing function into the Supply Chain, Business Development, and R&D organizations and be a key leader in driving a fully integrated best in class Advance Sourcing program. They will be a leader on the new product development operations & tech transfer teams. This leader is expected to provide hands-on leadership in all aspects of global sourcing for new product introduction, having overall responsibility for supplier selection driving optimization for cost / quality / service / Innovation/ early supplier involvement and supplier diversity.
As the Advanced Sourcing Manager, he / she will drive best practice New Product Development and will leverage:
- Understanding of FDA regulated companies
- cGMP’s and ISO13485, insure compliance to Policies and Procedures
- Lead supplier selection activities for Raw Material and OEM materials
- Strong Financial Analysis and project management capabilities.
- Analyze points of leverage through elements of cost analysis and use in negotiations
- Experience in negotiating and completing Development and Supply Agreements
- Ability to translate complex needs from R&D Engineers into simple but accurate terms so that suppliers/manufacturers can support projects in a timely manner
- Ability to create Statement of Work for External design services companies with milestones management
- Ability to analyze Electro-Mechanical components and raw materials sourcing requirements. Strong probing and listening skills to facilitate working with suppliers and technical functions to discover, screen, and implement new ideas.
- Ability to influence the design, quality, and manufacturing in cross-functional project development teams using experience in DFM, DFA and overall manufacturing process knowledge.
- Expertise in Operations, Logistics, Planning, and Forecasting required.
- Developing supplier negotiation strategies that reflect and maximize buying power; focusing on supplier quality/price/performance while minimizing risk exposure. Serving as lead negotiator for complex, high value transactions.
- Categories include Electro-mechanical, Software, test and IP/ licensing.
- Experience with managing business relationship with external contract manufacturers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline required.
- Advanced degrees including MBA or MS in Engineering or other technical discipline preferred.
- Six Sigma green/black belt a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years in strategic sourcing or Procurement/Category management.
- Emphasis on R&D and Product Development and significant experience sourcing electro-mechanical commodities outsourcing (on and off-shore).
- Expanded skills/experience should include alliance/preferred supplier governance, obsolescence, project management, performance management and improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with Officers and Executives, both internally and externally.
- Excellent business/financial acumen, proficient in leading and setting direction for cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, influence and drive change at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the factors affecting the finances and/or operations of suppliers.
- Excellent global supplier management skills including ability to foster and leverage professional relationships.
- Ability to identify and solve complex contractual, process and operational business challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate licensing and IP related requirements.
- Quality and process capability understanding preferred.
- 10%-20% travel annually – both domestic and international.
- Previous direct people management experience preferred.
Please refer to the job reference number 2874.